Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Chesapeake

My wife and I had a wedding anniversary a few days ago.  As usual, she said she wanted to go out, although with COVID-19 the options are very limited.  She has a senior position with an equipment finance company.  She’s been working from home since March - the workdays have been long, and considering what’s happening in the economy she’s dealing with one problem after another.  Well, she finally emerged from her home office about 7:30 that evening - it was pretty obvious she wasn’t up for going out...

I was ready, though.  A few days earlier I had picked-up a whole prime tenderloin from Costco, and earlier that day I paid a small fortune for a pound of Maryland jumbo lump crab meat.  My plan was to duplicate a great anniversary dinner we had 20+ years earlier.  People around Baltimore might remember Peerce’s Plantation - for many years a fine destination restaurant a bit north of the city.  They served a dish I’ve never forgotten, Steak Chesapeake - grilled filet mignon topped with jumbo lump crab, then smothered in bearnaise sauce.  

We love mushrooms, so I added sautéed cremini shrooms to the bearnaise.  It all came together very well - added twice-baked potatoes and asparagus tips glazed with a balsamic vinegar reduction, finished with Parmigiano Reggiano.  Stag’s Leap Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon and a hot buttered ciabatta completed the meal.  Oh, yeah!

Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments