Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Black Rubs

Options
mr toad
mr toad Posts: 780
edited June 2020 in Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
Asking for reviews, opinions, and suggestions for using "Black Rubs"
Rubs such as - Fogo Rub - Black Magic - and others
Thank you 0 MrToad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Your thread title says “rugs”. Not rubs. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    It's just activated charcoal. Then they add other ingredients to the flavor profile.  
    Nothing more nothing less.  Some like these rubs for steak because of the coloration and helps give a cheat crust.
    I've used Hardcore Carnivore from Jess Pryles a few times and it was good. Personally I like basic SPG, herbs and brown butter on a good steak unless I'm using it for some specific dish.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    Big fan of Ms. Rubin’s Black Magic for steaks. The recipe came from a grocery store/old butcher shop in Montgomery,AL. It is a great product. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    I use HC Black as a supplement if I think the going in brisket rub is too light in color and I don't feel like crushing more black pepper.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I use a rub called Gun Powder. You can find it now on Amazon. It goes well with most dishes, and unfortunately, on popcorn, it is awesome. I say unfortunately, because cutting back on carbs is over once you try that combination.

For those that have done "The Blast" with us the last couple of years, that is what the tenderloin sliders with the sriracha bleu cheese dressing had on them.

We would cook/smoke with pecan then slice/shave 2 or 3 whole tenderloins, never anything left to bring home.

It is a bonafide enhancer to beef, chicken, pork, and seafood when grilling, salads, stews, whatever.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky