Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Hoop for the boys. Alastair (right) just finished his finals and has 3 months now before he starts a year contract as a traching intern at a posh boarding school. Dom won't be back until September at the earliest, so we need suitable entertainment.

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2020
    GregW said:
    CTMike said:
    GregW said:
    After 10 years of trouble-free use, I have decided to replace my Panasonic Plasma TV.
    I have purchased a 2019 Samsung Q90 - 65 Inch TV.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/65-class-q90r-qled-smart-4k-uhd-tv-2019-qn65q90rafxza/

It's really nice to be able to watch TV in the day with the windows open. I didn't realize how dim the old plasma was.

The Onkyo 5008 is next on the list for replacement, along with the Oppo Blu-ray/Sacd player. The Oppo is a fantastic player for music, but sadly it won't do the newer Ultra HD Blu-ray format.
    Look at Anthem AV products - great sound at a good price. I agree on the Oppo, my BDP-105 is a great piece, but could use some updating. 
    I was hoping someone would make a recommendation for a new receiver.
    Do you own an Anthem? 
    I do, I have the MRX-720 receiver, and an Anthem A2 amp driving the front pair. It is an amazing sounding setup, at least to my non-audiophile ears. I also have Paradigm (same parent company as Anthem) Studio series speakers, overall very pleased.

Edit to add: The Anthem Room Correction (ARC) works great to optimize the sound in your space.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    FedEx and UPS came within 5 minutes of each other.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bangor307 said:
    It's a used one but I've wanted a Shirley forever. Finally dried out enough to move it to the back deck with all my other cookers. Can't wait to use it!
    Lets get on some of that grass cutting will ya?  =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited June 2020
    9mm...Glock, Springfield, SIG?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    9mm...Glock or Springfield?
    I ended up with the SIG P365XL when i was looking
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Acn - yeah but which one was scheduled for yesterday?  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    @lousubcap - believe it or not, both had been scheduled for TOMORROW!  Frankly shocked, I’ve had shipments showing “On truck, Ready for delivery” for 3 straight days, and then I got 2 things early.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• saluki2007
    Lit said:
    9mm...Glock or Springfield?
    I ended up with the SIG P365XL when i was looking
    I've been looking at the 226, will have to check that one out too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    For the range or carry?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • saluki2007
    WeberWho said:
    For the range or carry?
    Mostly for at home and walking around the farm.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    For the range or carry?
    Mostly for at home and walking around the farm.
    I'm very much a beginner when it comes to firearms. So take everything with a grain of salt with anything I say below. 

What were you thinking for size? Something full size, compact, or subcompact?

You can spend days and days watching reviews on Glocks. Hard to go wrong with a Glock. I've never owned one but have played around with a few. Built to last. They almost seem indestructible. I've seen people freeze them in blocks of ice and almost melt them and they still keep working. I don't believe any Glocks come with an external safety. Unless something has changed in the last year or two. (Than it just becomes Chevy vs Ford for an external safety debate)

https://youtu.be/ub4OswUhLwo 

I can't say too much about Springfield. I've held a couple but never shot one. I'm not sure if all Springfield firearms have grip safety's but I'm not a fan. (Just my personal opinion though) My Dad has a Browning with a grip safety and I don't find it very enjoyable to shoot at the range. Forum member Focker raved about Springfields. Last I know it was his daily carry. All kinds of praise from him. 

If you're looking for a subcompact the SIG P365 is leading the way with the 10+1. It's amazing what they've done in that small of a package. I rented one and thought it shot similar to my SW Shield. The grips were awful for taking it to the range. (Again, another personal opinion and shouldn't be considered a reason why not to buy one as their is a ton of aftermarket grips for them) I really wanted to love it but I found myself content with my SW Shield after putting some rounds through it. The early run of the P365 also had some issues coming out of the factory. I believe Sig fixed the problem and are now the number one selling handgun in the US if I'm not mistaking. All the other major subcompact brands are playing catch up with the 10+1. I believe Mickey here on the forum loves anything SIG. They make some fantastic firearms. 

I'd hit up a range and see what they have for rentals. You'll be able to see and feel what you might like. Plus that's half the fun!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I have the NRA edition of the SIG P365. It came with one 12 round mag and two 10’s. It’s a great shooter for sure and as @WeberWho states, it can’t be beat for size and capacity. I also have an older M&P Shield in 9mm. I love it too.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• saluki2007
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm leaning towards the Sig P320 M18 or M17. Unfortunately where I'm at there aren't many people with Sigs in stock. My brothers has a P320 X5 and a P320 (among other guns) he is going to let me shoot before I buy. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Acn said:

How's the tent? Been thinking of one for the fam.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Acn
    dmourati said:
    Acn said:

How's the tent? Been thinking of one for the fam.
    My wife and I will probably set it up when we get back from my in-laws next week, and I'll let you know more then.  I can say that we've had phenomenal luck with a Marmot 3 person tent.  We needed an upgrade since we are still planning on doing a road trip and camping expedition next month and the 3 person doesn't work nearly as well now that our daughter approaching her teens.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 379
    Just put down a deposit to have a fence put in for the backyard of my new house.  Like the egg, the initial cost of dogs and houses are not reflective of the total cost.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm leaning towards the Sig P320 M18 or M17. Unfortunately where I'm at there aren't many people with Sigs in stock. My brothers has a P320 X5 and a P320 (among other guns) he is going to let me shoot before I buy. 
    I have the P320 full with red dot optic. Amazing stock trigger and overall great gun. 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    new water separator and spark plugs for the boat.  been over 15 years since they were replaced. anyone ever get over 15 years on plugs on an old merc =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Not buying yet, but debating. Any thoughts from fellow woodworkers? 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Pawn shop. @TEXASBGE2018
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    Pawn shop. @TEXASBGE2018
    +1 or Craigslist. I'd look around and see if you can buy a lightly used one that hasn't been abused. You might even find bits that come with the sale. 

Minnesota
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    @TEXASBGE2018 I own the Bosch, good router with no complaints.  My hobby use really doesn’t work it that much.  Does have enough power to run my panel raising bit if I take multiple passes using the fence to increase depth of cut.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    They used to make a 3 1/4 hp plunge. That is what I would buy even if I was a hobby guy. Make a table and you have a shaper too.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Wife decided it was time to expand the family. A male boxer puppy will be picked up on Sunday...to go along with our 2 dogs. 

Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    MJG said:
    Wife decided it was time to expand the family. A male boxer puppy will be picked up on Sunday...to go along with our 2 dogs. 

Been a long time since mine was that small. At least the other two dogs should help with the training. 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    That’s my hope @Gulfcoastguy!  We’ve not had a puppy in the house for 7 years. It will be a lot of work but fun also. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.