Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket - Very thin flat

Options
bwor
bwor Posts: 14
Picked up a prime brisket at Sams yesterday.  They did not have a lot options, but the one I got has a very thin flat.  I obviously do not want it to dry out but I am afraid it will to get the point to desired temp. 

Should I consider wrapping the flat at some point, or maybe foil under it?   

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You could pull the brisket out and let rest on the counter and keep an ice pack over the thinner flat to keep it cooler. This would allow the point end a head start.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bwor
    bwor Posts: 14
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    You could pull the brisket out and let rest on the counter and keep an ice pack over the thinner flat to keep it cooler. This would allow the point end a head start.
    Thanks.  I had that thought after I posted this, but trying to gather ideas.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    I take my fat tripping and lay them across the flat either after it has some colrvand bark or early on and take it off towards the end
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I take my fat tripping and lay them across the flat either after it has some colrvand bark or early on and take it off towards the end
    Have you been drinking?
    Sorry, had to say it, I’ve been drinking.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    lkapigian said:
    Have you been drinking?
    Sorry, had to say it, I’ve been drinking.no, that's what I do
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian