Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Store

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited March 2020 in EggHead Forum
Tom, from Ceramic Grill Store, called this morning. Being a self made company from the ground up, he is still open for business. Said he is doing his best to keep his employees busy as they still want and need to work. Still getting some walk in business and visits from regulars. I know BBQ and cooking is not a priority right now for most of us. But I do know being locked down at home for the most part is giving me more time to cook on my Egg than normal.
Got 2 racks of ribs on my Woo Ring right now. One for us and one for a friend. This is a great time to thin the freezer and share with friends and family, in a safe way of course.
Cheers and take a look at CGS in your spare time and help support a fantastic small business!
https://ceramicgrillstore.com/

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    Do they still ship to Canada? I bought some items a few years back and had no trouble shipping to Southern Ontario but I was just on the site looking to purchase a 16" wok and spider but only had the option to ship to USA.
    Probably because our boarders are closed, with the exception of essential products.
    Any Canuckleheads know the best place to search for these items in the GWN?
    I checked out Dickson BBQ's site but they only offered a Paella pan with a stir fry option. 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Just give Tom a call at the store. He will answer all your questions. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Just give Tom a call at the store. He will answer all your questions. 
    Agree, or an email.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Tom is an outstanding guy. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Tom, from Ceramic Grill Store, called this morning. Being a self made company from the ground up, he is still open for business. Said he is doing his best to keep his employees busy as they still want and need to work. Still getting some walk in business and visits from regulars. I know BBQ and cooking is not a priority right now for most of us. But I do know being locked down at home for the most part is giving me more time to cook on my Egg than normal.
    Got 2 racks of ribs on my Woo Ring right now. One for us and one for a friend. This is a great time to thin the freezer and share with friends and family, in a safe way of course.
    Cheers and take a look at CGS in your spare time and help support a fantastic small business!

Do you get a better cook raising the ribs with the woo?  I just put a rack on and almost did it this way
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    llrickman said:
    Photo Egg said:

Do you get a better cook raising the ribs with the woo?  I just put a rack on and almost did it this way
    I cooked these indirect and the Woo helps give the extra distance from the stone I’m using as my indirect piece.
    I love the Woo this way but I also like cooking raised direct. I like to do my grilling on the Egg raised direct. But will also quick cooks ribs this way as well. But it takes more watching and flipping.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I just ordered a Kick Ash Basket & Kick Ash Can for my XL from CGS.  I already have an Adjustable Rig & drip pan.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    They aren't readily available in the UK but whenever someone goes to Tom's side of the pond I encourage purchase of CGS kit over the BGE ... erm ... equivalent I guess is the politest way of saying it. A few have heeded the call. :) 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Late to the party...
    @keener75 this place in Delaware Ontario carries Ceramic Grill Store stuff...
    https://www.bjscountrymarket.com/shop/
    (honestly, Dickson is my favourite bbq store, hate to send you somewhere else)

If you're in Toronto, this place on Spadina probably carries the best selection of woks and other restaurant supplies at very reasonable price...
    http://tapphong.com/

canuckland
  • craigsotheregg
    craigsotheregg Posts: 54
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I ordered a kick ask basket and can last Wednesday and it was delivered yesterday, I'll test it out tonight with some chicken thighs. Thank you Tom.
    XL BGE
    Malden, MA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    My Cuna Cart for the upcoming Large just came in. A bit of a surprise as I didn’t know that it had been shipped yet. I dared Walmart to buy a rubber mallet required for assembly.
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    My Cuna Cart for the upcoming Large just came in. A bit of a surprise as I didn’t know that it had been shipped yet. I dared Walmart to buy a rubber mallet required for assembly.

I'd be interested to hear about how you like that Cuna....
  • Hotch
    Options
    I like mine! Built like a Tank and rolls so easy.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

I'd be interested to hear about how you like that Cuna....
    I will make a separate thread on it later. I haven’t bought the large for it yet. We are on lockdown until April 20th and I will have to con a pickup owner friend for delivery when I do.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Hotch said:

Did you assemble the Egg in the cart or lift the whole thing into it? 

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    I will make a separate thread on it later. I haven’t bought the large for it yet. We are on lockdown until April 20th and I will have to con a pickup owner friend for delivery when I do.
    Mine went straight into a table so I didn't have a nest, but Just a heads up that when I brought my large BGE home it was in the front seat of a Camry with the seat belt holding it in place. Depending on the commute, you might also be able to put a hat on it and use in the carpool lane (-:
    Stillwater, MN
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I went to the store Feb 20th when I was in DFW and Tom managed to lighten my wallet more than expected.  Actually only used 1 of the things I bought so far but frankly I bought them for "when" I need them not for everyday cooks anyway.

When I can finally travel for work again I'll go back, wander around and lose another $100 or more.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Mine went straight into a table so I didn't have a nest, but Just a heads up that when I brought my large BGE home it was in the front seat of a Camry with the seat belt holding it in place. Depending on the commute, you might also be able to put a hat on it and use in the carpool lane (-:
    3/4 of a mile, half of it through a parking lot and half through a 25 mph subdivision.
  • carrda04
    carrda04 Posts: 83
    Options
    Finally broke down and ordered the Kick Ash Basket, PSWoo w/extender and Smokeware Cap from CGS a couple of weeks ago. They came just in time for some beef ribs last weekend. Loving life already!
    LG BGE
    Camp Chef 2xburner

Twin Cities, MN
  • Hotch
    Options
    Hotch said:

Did you assemble the Egg in the cart or lift the whole thing into it? 

No sir. I removed the innereds, ran my lift strap through the lower vent and moved it over to the the Cuna with my SIL's help. Each of us grabbing the rear hinge and the strap.  Then finished assembly of the Cuna. 

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • whldch
    whldch Posts: 126
    Options
    All the great comments about Tom and CGS are spot on. I had trouble getting my grate over my Woo that i got as a gift. I sent tom pics and he immediately knew that my grate was a generation older than what the handles on the woo were designed to accommodate. He told me to mail him the grate and he machined it to fit. Did not ask for a penny even shipping. I put $20 in the box. Got the grate back in about a week. Outstanding service, makes you want to do business with them.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Yeah my plate setter is about finished. I’m tired if piecing it back together for my cooks. 

Thing is, I already have a dual swing grate I like in the large...  maybe it’s time for another egg so I can get in this CGS train...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    Hotch said:

Hotch, is the Cuna cart more stable than the original nest?

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• Hotch
    Options
    H12mike said:
    Hotch said:

Hotch, is the Cuna cart more stable than the original nest?
    Absolutely!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    Just ordered a Cuna cart...  should be here in 3 days.  Almost ordered the large spider and the wok deal they have but dont really know that much about cookin with them.   
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited April 2020
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    I went to the store Feb 20th when I was in DFW and Tom managed to lighten my wallet more than expected.  Actually only used 1 of the things I bought so far but frankly I bought them for "when" I need them not for everyday cooks anyway.

When I can finally travel for work again I'll go back, wander around and lose another $100 or more.
    In prefer to think of it as “gaining toys” rather than “losing $100” :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TXSamIam
    TXSamIam Posts: 32
    Options
    Went to CGS for the first time today.  It is almost an hour drive for me but worth the time.  I bough the Woo/Adjustable rack combo and can't wait to use it tomorrow.  One could easily spend a lot of money in that store.  
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    TXSamIam said:
    Went to CGS for the first time today.  It is almost an hour drive for me but worth the time.  I bough the Woo/Adjustable rack combo and can't wait to use it tomorrow.  One could easily spend a lot of money in that store.  
    Tom does have some cool stuff!

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas