Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Suggestions For New Ways to Respond to Posts

Yes, I am bored.  Sue me.

At the moment, we have a couple of options to respond to posts by members here.  We can click on:

Flag-Spam
Flag-Abuse
Flag-Troll
Flag-Report
Off Topic
Disagree
Agree

These are pretty much standard, boilerplate Vanilla choices.  They're clearly inadequate.  I think we need some different options.  Ones that are more suitable to this forum and the unique set of denizens occupying this slice of the internet.  Surely Vanilla can provide custom buttons, right folks?  Right?

Here's my suggestion for what these should be replaced by, ordered from negative to positive:

Flag-F You
Flag-Nola Is Drunk 
Flag-Wake Up Buffalo
Mickey's Wings Had Less Char
WTF
Thoughts and Prayers
Just No
Damn Son
Drool!  
Slap Yo Momma Good
"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Living large in the 919

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 4,133
    interesting . . . 
    PDGFWIWF    pretty dam good for who is was for    =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009

Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'

Bob Hope:

When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

• bubbajackbubbajack Posts: 553
    Sounds good to me....
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,L,M,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 5,368
    I wouldn’t mind an “I’m completely confused” button. Many posts here baffle be completely. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. 
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • BattlebornBattleborn Posts: 1,617
    Nola's flag button would get a good work out on here. Although, he has been pretty quiet lately. He must be spending a lot of time in his weed hut.
    Las Vegas, NV
    LG BGE, off-set smoker & various Weber's 
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,508
    One I would use a bunch

Flag - Oh **** this is gonna cost me $$$ again 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 1,784
    Nola's flag button would get a good work out on here. Although, he has been pretty quiet lately. He must be spending a lot of time in his weed hut.
    I've led a sheltered life, what's a weed hut?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 17,162
    I've led a sheltered life, what's a weed hut?
    Think wacky tabacky.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
    Yes, I am bored.  Sue me.

At the moment, we have a couple of options to respond to posts by members here.  We can click on:

Flag-Spam
    Flag-Abuse
    Flag-Troll
    Flag-Report
    Off Topic
    Disagree
    Agree

These are pretty much standard, boilerplate Vanilla choices.  They're clearly inadequate.  I think we need some different options.  Ones that are more suitable to this forum and the unique set of denizens occupying this slice of the internet.  Surely Vanilla can provide custom buttons, right folks?  Right?

Here's my suggestion for what these should be replaced by, ordered from negative to positive:

Flag-F You
    Flag-Nola Is Drunk 
    Flag-Wake Up Buffalo
    Mickey's Wings Had Less Char
    WTF
    Thoughts and Prayers
    Just No
    Damn Son
    Drool!  
    Slap Yo Momma Good
    By the way to the person who flagged this, I left off one just for you: Grow A Pair

Living large in the 919
  • WesJohnsonWesJohnson Posts: 116
    How about a "John pats herself on the back under pretense of humility" button.
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
    Or a “Troll Accounts are For Cowards” button?

Living large in the 919
  • 1voyager1voyager Posts: 845
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 10,583
    SciAggie said:
    I wouldn’t mind an “I’m completely confused” button. Many posts here baffle be completely. 
    Completely agree.  I think it’s the spelling that confuses people sometimes.
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 20,569
    I am so jaded. I feel like you are answering yourself. But that’s just silly. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 1,811
    Please!  That would add major entertainment !

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

I am so jaded. I feel like you are answering yourself. But that’s just silly. 
    Ha!  I’m pretty sure I know who old Wes is here and why he has such a hard on for me.  It’s not all that entertaining.

Living large in the 919
  • dbCooperdbCooper Posts: 453
    There many good ideas here, plus some other worthy ones in different threads.  Be a shame to leave some of them out.
    Why not a flag with a "free form" field?  8 or 10 or so characters you populate?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber
    Great Plains, USA
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 2,748
    I only read posts if they are flagged. 

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..

• cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 2,748
    dbCooper said:
    There many good ideas here, plus some other worthy ones in different threads.  Be a shame to leave some of them out.
    Why not a flag with a "free form" field?  8 or 10 or so characters you populate?
    I believe that’s the leave a comment section. :)

John - SLC, UT

Several eggs ..

• SciAggie said:
    You can always simply ask @nolaegghead what he is going on about. 
    dbCooper said:
    I believe that’s the leave a comment section. :)
    Right.  Folks with the character to comment don't use flags much, I would think.  This idea is help those who lack such character.  They can be more descriptive and still be in the shadows.
    I got a Troll flag today for commenting that defeating University of Nebr. FB or BB teams is not much to write home about.  Baffles me why that happened.
    Great Plains, USA
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 20,569
    that was me 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX
  • GrateEggspectationsGrateEggspectations Posts: 4,471
    edited May 20
    The one I never understand is the disagree for one’s personal experiences or opinions. 

“I never much cared for pesto pizza.”
    *disagree*

Much different than the more objective assessment of  “pesto pizza is horrible.” This, I can understand a basis for disagreeing with. 
    that was me 
    OK, you just shot down the rational for my brilliant idea.  No more thinking, going back to drinking.
    Great Plains, USA
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,117
    How about a I'm drunk and trigger happy one?
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 3,115
    “Thank you”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
    One more might be appropriate PUI (posting under the influence) especially on Friday's...just so I know to delete them immediately! (always watching)
    If you guys could make it so that button could be clicked more than once... that would be great.  

Living large in the 919
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 9,908
    One more might be appropriate PUI (posting under the influence) especially on Friday's...just so I know to delete them immediately! (always watching)
    If you guys could make it so that button could be clicked more than once... that would be great.  
    Being pedantic, you can click it many times.  Flag on, Flag off.  Mr. Myagi style.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM