Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recovered Brisket..

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I miss having a president (lowercase „P“ deliberate) who embraced physical strength and manliness. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @thetrim was wondering where the money shots were.  Great outcome.  Now to saddle up for National Brisket Day May 28th. 
    BTW-Have you verified the calibration of your "pull thermo" as I have only had one declare victory below 200*F.  However you get there is what matters.  Great bark as well.
    Be well-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I miss having a president (lowercase „P“ deliberate) who embraced physical strength and manliness. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • thetrim
    Options
    Maybe Biden will pick Stacy Abrams, so we can make fun of your fat VP wanna be!!!!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Maybe Biden will pick Stacy Abrams, so we can make fun of your fat VP wanna be!!!!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    Options
    thetrim said:
    How many women broke your precious heart that you hate them so?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • thetrim
    Options
    None.  I like most women just not one that cry racism and voter suppression just because they lost an election with record turnout. 

You want your sweet libturd head to explode?   I think Sarah Palin was The first Smokin Gal.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Did all you libs agree w Harry Reid when he said Kirsten Gillibrand was the hottest member of the Senate?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2010/09/sure-harry-reid-ranks-kirsten-gillibrand-hottest-member-of-senate
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    This is too good of a thread to let some politics sink it.  

Please get back on target.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @lousubcap I did get some higher reading in other areas of the brisket but the thickest part of the flat was only at 197 and the flat was probing like warm apple pie. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    Options
    thetrim said:
    None.  I like most women just not one that cry racism and voter suppression just because they lost an election with record turnout. 

You want your sweet libturd head to explode?   I think Sarah Palin was The first Smokin Gal.  
    It makes sense that intelligence is not high on you list for women. That's really your only hope, right?

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • thetrim
    Options
    It took a damn long time to get there.  

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Wow, I'm glad I only check in here every couple of days...

@JohnInCarolina

Open request for me and some of my local friends to show you how to cook BBQ on the competition circuit.

No insta-pots allowed..

Just some fire, charcoal, wood, meat, and probably a good bit of alcohol..

We are also glad you only check in every few days. Less would be ok too. 

This has the be the weirdest flex I have ever seen. You murdered a super simple brisket cook then talked mad $hit about how you and your boys could teach everyone how to do it right. I am certainly not the authority on brisket but my briskets have never been ready at 195 and I have a 0% instapot recovery rate. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Boom, mic drop.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    Options
    billt01 said:

@JohnInCarolina

Open request for me and some of my local friends to show you how to cook BBQ on the competition circuit.

No insta-pots allowed..

This has the be the weirdest flex I have ever seen. You murdered a super simple brisket cook then talked mad $hit about how you and your boys could teach everyone how to do it right. I am certainly not the authority on brisket but my briskets have never been ready at 195 and I have a 0% instapot recovery rate. 

Since when was a brisket cook super simple?    

Haha.  

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    Jeez, so much good brisket and hydroxychloroquin sarcasm and nobody gets it.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    billt01 said:

@JohnInCarolina

No insta-pots allowed..

I am a betting man,and the majority of your briskets are overdone...

please join John's team if he accepts the challenge...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    One of the first 3 cooks on my new egg was a brisket. Nailed it with the help of the very guys you challenge. You come to the table with a failed cook...lol. Just say'n.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • billt01
    edited May 2020
    Options
    One of the first 3 cooks on my new egg was a brisket. Nailed it with the help of the very guys you challenge. You come to the table with a failed cook...lol. Just say'n.
    you have no skin in this, it's a simple duel with unbiased judging between me and the professor. He has declined.

If you would like to enter yourself in the same competition, you and your team are more than welcome.

Just say'n...

up to this point, @JohnInCarolina has more deflections than Captain America's shield.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Oh boy.  This is going to leave a mark:

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    billt01 said:
    you have no skin in this, it's a simple duel with unbiased judging between me and the professor. He has declined.

If you would like to enter yourself in the same competition, you and your team are more than welcome.

Just say'n...

up to this point, @JohnInCarolina has more deflections than Captain America's shield.
     That's a bit like Cleveland State asking to be put on Dukes BB schedule. Why would Duke do that? I mean it would be good experience for them as I'm sure it would be for you, but why would he/they? I've the good fortune to sample some of his cooks, best hold your lane.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • billt01
    edited May 2020
    Options
    billt01 said:

Just say'n...

That's a bit like Cleveland State asking to be put on Dukes BB schedule. Why would Duke do that? I mean it would be good experience for them as I'm sure it would be for you, but why would he/they? I've the good fortune to sample some of his cooks, best hold your lane.
    "Cleveland State / hold my lane"..

you're funny..

This a bit like two dogs barking behind a fence.

I'm opening the fence to invite him out...

Post edit..

And the analogy would be like Dukes football team playing Alabama's.

JIC is the one who is holding his lane...

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    and right on time the assasin makes my point. It's a charity game to help the last ranked team up their game and make some $$. I've seen Bama play ball and I've seen your brisket cook. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • billt01
    Options
    and right on time the assasin makes my point. It's a charity game to help the last ranked team up their game and make some $$. I've seen Bama play ball and I've seen your brisket cook. 
    All the reason to make short work..

show up or shut up...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2020
    Options
    This thread is amazing.  Some folks are just determined to dig their own graves, and there's not anything anyone can do to stop them.  
  • billt01
    Options
    This thread is amazing.  Some folks are just determined to dig their own graves, and there's not anything anyone can do to stop them.  
    @JohnInCarolina

No one is digging $#!+

just you and the prickle barking..

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What we have here is... failure to communicate.  Some men, you just can't reach.  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    WTF did I just read 6 pages of? 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

I'm not so sure anyone beating Nebr. at basketball (or football) can be labeled an upset!   :)
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA