Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Method to Cook Corn on the Cobb?

2»

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    SV with butter and salt and chopped cilantro  @184 for 40mins.  Mark on grill if you want but not necessary.    Thank me later

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    NonaScott said:
    Soak corn in water thirty minutes with husk on. Put on grill and turn 1/4 turn every 6 minutes for a total of 24 minutes. Remove and cut of 1/2 inch of cf corn at bottom and squeezeeze corn out from the top. Comes out clean as a whistle. I'm doing as we speak.

This works great!  If you're pressed for time you can do 3-5 ears in the microwave for 3 minutes and it comes out clean. 

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Shuck it, get as much of the strings off.
    Break in half, put 3 halves in piece of foil
    Small dab of butter, S&P, Ms Dash
    Put on Egg for 45 min or so.

2nd Method pre egg
    Get pot of water boiling
    Add about 2 Tbs of Butter
    Shuck it, get as much of the strings off.
    Break in half
    Drop in until done
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    How do you check if there are worms in it?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    How do you check if there are worms in it?

have not found a worm in a long time, its not like the old days which makes you wonder if its even safe to eat
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Yep if it has been poisoned enough that worms won’t touch it ............
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    Yep if it has been poisoned enough that worms won’t touch it ............

even the small local farms here with the farm stands, no worms, i dont even check it at the farm where that used to be frowned upon
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Sometimes grill, sometimes boil.  

If grilling, I just put them on as is and cook to get some charred kernels, I’ve never timed it.

If boiling, use a big pot of water, hard boil and just drop a couple of ears in at a time so you don’t kill the boil.  3 minutes only and they come out real snappy.

Either way, grate some lime zest and a healthy amount of jalapeño or serrano into softened butter and brush that on.
  • fishlessman

its odd to see an ear without 16 rows
    fukahwee maine

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

its odd to see an ear without 16 rows
    LOL. Genetically modified corn dog. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    I used to cook it in the husk but then you have to deal with hot husks and silk and if you're dealing with  multiple ears it can literally be a hot mess. Soak shuck and throw them on the grill. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Wpilon
    Wpilon Posts: 42
    I used to use all the methods y'all have described. Nowadays I just throw it in the microwave husk, silk, and all 4 minutes for the first ear, 2 minutes per additional ear (4 ears = 4+2+2+2=10 minutes).

When the microwave dings, cut the big end off with a serrated knife and squeeze the little end. The ear pops out ready to eat.

To butter it, I thickly butter a slice of white bread and wrap it around the ear and twist.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Put me in the in the soak in the husk then grill camp. Cut the wider end off and squeeze it out. If I have corn that’s already been pulled out of the husk I’ll season and grill then finish in foil with butter.

Salt Lick rub is good on corn, or just S&P plus some red pepper for spice. 
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    I’ve settled on just boiling it. The taste of char is great, but I don’t like the stick-to-your-teethiness of it. And if you’re going to load it up with Mexican street corn addons, your turning a healthy food into another fatty component of a probably already fatty meal. 

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    For me, a quick dip in boiling water is the best way, just long enough to heat it thru. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Boil water, add shucked corn, cover, turn off heat. Wait 10 minutes. Or longer. Though the microwave method sounds promising.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut