Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apollo 13 OT

YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,984
Today is the 50th anniversary of the return of the crew of Apollo 13.

The perfect ending to what could have been a tragic situation.

The perfect failure.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Yeah it’s amazing that with the level of technology back then they could get to the moon, let alone get back safely after such a disastrous malfunction . USA at it’s best . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Thanks for that reminder.  Talk about a riveting ordeal played out in real-time.  And to effectively stick the splash-down.  Incredible achievement by all involved.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    I wear an Omega Speedmaster in honor of their bravery and NASA's ingenuity. Thanks for reminding me of the date.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Apollo Astronauts were true badasses. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    I wear an Omega Speedmaster in honor of their bravery and NASA's ingenuity. Thanks for reminding me of the date.

Here's Neil Armstrong's Omega at the Smithsonian.....took that pic last May when I was in DC for DizzyFest.
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    https://apolloinrealtime.org/13/#

This is a really cool website that has every single communication channel of the mission and you can follow along and switch between them.  It's actually overwhelming and can be a challenge to listen to what you want, but it's fun and people have some time right now to play around on it.  Again, you can listen to the flight director feed or flight surgeon or anyone else throughout.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @cssmd27 Thank you for sharing that link. It is very cool.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon