Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Todays Win

Options
xfire_ATX
xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
Thanks to the Corona Virus the brand new Chik-Fil-A near my house had their opening postponed and well my sharp eyed daughter caught on Social Media that they were opening today.  We weren't in any hurry (teens hard to get up) so we showed up at 9.15 with them opening at 8.00 and were shocked as HELL to get one of these.  

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Sweet!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    Thanks to the Corona Virus the brand new Chik-Fil-A near my house had their opening postponed and well my sharp eyed daughter caught on Social Media that they were opening today.  We weren't in any hurry (teens hard to get up) so we showed up at 9.15 with them opening at 8.00 and were shocked as HELL to get one of these.  

We must live close by. I'm 2 minutes from that CFA.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • xfire_ATX
    Options
    dmchicago said:

@dmchicago Well in times of Corona I'm 5 min away.  On a normal workday at 8.00 am I could be an hour trying to get through 2222
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • dmchicago
    Options
    I met the owner and his wife at my Chamber meeting. Nice folks. I was supposed to "MC" their grand opening but that isn't possible now with the C-19. She was going to "pay" me in nuggets!

They had to sell their other location on 183. Can only own 1. 
    They are going to kill it at that location.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    I met the owner and his wife at my Chamber meeting. Nice folks. I was supposed to "MC" their grand opening but that isn't possible now with the C-19. She was going to "pay" me in nuggets!

They had to sell their other location on 183. Can only own 1. 
    They are going to kill it at that location.
    Guy here owns 3. And “owns” is a very loose term within that organization. Kudos to them, they rock at fast food. Stores are clean, employees are friendly and the food is great
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    xfire_ATX said:

I thought you were in Steiner?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    dmchicago said:

@dmchicago Well in times of Corona I'm 5 min away.  On a normal workday at 8.00 am I could be an hour trying to get through 2222

And I thought you were way out somewhere???
  • dmchicago
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    xfire_ATX said:

I'm in Villa Montana. Nobody knows where that is. Off Oasis Bluff between Commanche Trail and Bullock Hollow.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:
    xfire_ATX said:

I'm in Villa Montana. Nobody knows where that is. Off Oasis Bluff between Commanche Trail and Bullock Hollow.
    Neighborhood of complex polygonal roofs?

dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:
    xfire_ATX said:

Ah- that explains the view from your back patio/deck :). Nice.
  • dmchicago
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:
    xfire_ATX said:

Neighborhood of complex polygonal roofs?

It's in the CC&R's.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Dude! That's like gold. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • xfire_ATX
    Options
    dmchicago said:

@The Cen-Tex Smoker I'm in SR and yes the 3.1 miles to 2222 from SR to 620 in the AM can take over an hour.

@d@dmchicago I hang out at Oasis Brewery often enough to know where you are.  Only time I use UBER really is for there and Infamous in Hudson Bend

• dmchicago
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    dmchicago said:

@The Cen-Tex Smoker I'm in SR and yes the 3.1 miles to 2222 from SR to 620 in the AM can take over an hour.

@d@dmchicago I hang out at Oasis Brewery often enough to know where you are.  Only time I use UBER really is for there and Infamous in Hudson Bend
    Shhhhhh...OTX brewery is our secret. While the sheep head to the Oasis for crap food, we go upstairs for better food, great beer and the same view!

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    dmchicago said:

We have to get all the lake rats together when all this blows over.