Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Masters Rescheduled

Options
balamaci
balamaci Posts: 15
edited April 2020 in Off Topic
The Master has been rescheduled to November 9-15. I have tickets for today, so hopefully the weather will be just as nice. 
LBGE, CGS Adjustable Rig & Spider,  Weber Kettle, Weber Summit,Thermoworks Smoke, Smokeware Cap
Johns Island, SC, Fairfax, VA

Comments

• JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    Options
    Atlanta in early November. I would imagine it would be very nice. Do the trees change around that time in GA?
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Going to be hard competing with NCAA/NFL that time of year. But, I am happy to hear it is going to be played this year. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Going to be hard competing with NCAA/NFL that time of year. But, I am happy to hear it is going to be played this year. 
    It’s going to be hard for football. Everybody loves the Masters. 
  • Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    Atlanta in early November. I would imagine it would be very nice. Do the trees change around that time in GA?
    Augusta
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    Only issue could be daylight 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Flu season starting back up, decent chance for more social distancing

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    REB17 said:
    I don't think so. The field is tiny.
    Stillwater, MN
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    REB17 said:
    Didn’t Bubba basically finish in the dark in 2012? 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    We could line the fairways with cars like they did in "Bagger Vance"
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Good chance the pandemic remains an issue in November.  Plan accordingly.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's about peak for fall leaves around here.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    November 9-15... what year?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Don’t get me wrong, I love watching the Masters. But the ratings won’t lie. Come noon Saturday/1pm Sunday most Americans will likely switch it to football. 

As for me, I’ll happily watch all of Thursday/Friday then probably flip back and forth once the football games pickup. 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Don’t get me wrong, I love watching the Masters. But the ratings won’t lie. Come noon Saturday/1pm Sunday most Americans will likely switch it to football. 

As for me, I’ll happily watch all of Thursday/Friday then probably flip back and forth once the football games pickup. 
    I tend to agree however if a certain someone wearing a red shirt is in the hunt and or leading this will be interesting to watch.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hoster05 said:

I tend to agree however if a certain someone wearing a red shirt is in the hunt and or leading this will be interested  to watch.  
    Considering that CBS airs both the Masters and the NFL, it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Personally, I think it would be awesome for all of the NFL matchups that week to be night games. Considering what the networks spend for the rights, I’m sure they have a seat at the table. 

Also, switching to football on Sunday means it’s Joe Buck on Fox vs the Masters. I’ll take the Masters. 
  • Hoster05
    Options
    Hoster05 said:

I tend to agree however if a certain someone wearing a red shirt is in the hunt and or leading this will be interested  to watch.  
    Considering that CBS airs both the Masters and the NFL, it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Personally, I think it would be awesome for all of the NFL matchups that week to be night games. Considering what the networks spend for the rights, I’m sure they have a seat at the table. 

Also, switching to football on Sunday means it’s Joe Buck on Fox vs the Masters. I’ll take the Masters. 
    what is CBS going to do with Nantz? 
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    @balamaci I like your picture. I spent some time on the 18th hole overseeing the crew installing the large rip rap breakwaters to save it from erosion. One day when were all but done an old man walks down and asks one of my crew how long the rock was going to be that color (natural granite), he said oh about 50 years or until it turns green. The old man went stomping off muttering to himself. It was Pete Dye.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    CBS also does SEC games.

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• REB17
    Options
    Webass said:
    CBS also does SEC games.
    Not anymore. They lost the recent contract to ESPN.

Midlothian, VA
  • REB17
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Hoster05 said:

He'll be in Augusta. The Masters is probably the most coveted sporting event for the networks. 

Midlothian, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Hoster05 said:

Jim Nantz is a part of Masters lore. No way he misses the Masters to call a regular season NFL game. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    edited April 2020
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    REB17 said:
    That has happened quite a bit, but that's when the leaders don't tee off until nearly 3 o'clock local time.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Wpilon
    Wpilon Posts: 42
    Options

I honestly doubt if Augusta National cares about the ratings...
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    REB17 said:
    That has happened quite a bit, but that's when the leaders don't tee off until nearly 3 o'clock local time.
    It was a playoff as well. 
  • REB17
    Options
    REB17 said:
    Yes, it's a small field, but traditional twosomes off #1 and the possibility of frost delays that time of year will make it tough. No doubt they have considered all this. Wouldn't surprise me to see threesomes off both sides like last year's final round. Either way, I'll be watching.  

Midlothian, VA
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    REB17 said:
    Yes, it's a small field, but traditional twosomes off #1 and the possibility of frost delays that time of year will make it tough. No doubt they have considered all this. Wouldn't surprise me to see threesomes off both sides like last year's final round. Either way, I'll be watching.  
    Agreed. They will make it work. Nobody runs a better event than Augusta National.
    Stillwater, MN
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Would suck to be the winner and hold the title for just five months. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    I just can't wait to watch sports again period. I don't really care what it its besides whatchin womens wwe with no spectators.!! Oh maybe I do like watching that. IDK
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Hoster05
    Options
    I would imagine that about now Charley Hoffman would be -2 through 6 as he usually is good for Thursday round that puts him near the top.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    gmanrva said:
    I just can't wait to watch sports again period. I don't really care what it its besides whatchin womens wwe with no spectators.!! Oh maybe I do like watching that. IDK
    That wasn't WWE
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian