Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Using the old mixer

Options
Made up a small batch of dough with the old KA Hobart. Still need to take the time to rip it down and repack the grease. 
Didn't have any of the good 00 so used KA Bread Flour.
In the fridge now for a cold prove.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Nice. Be sure to post the results. 

I killed one of those a year or two back grinding burgers. My wife, who owned said unit, was not pleased. Replaced it, but based on what I’ve read, I figure a take-apart and re-grease may be worth the effort. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

I killed one of those a year or two back grinding burgers. My wife, who owned said unit, was not pleased. Replaced it, but based on what I’ve read, I figure a take-apart and re-grease may be worth the effort. 
    I agree on the rebuild. 
    This one is still running pretty smooth and was not running hot but I know it needs it. I already have the grease and new rubber pad feet.
    It’s on my lockdown list of things to do.
    Since our great forum member paved the way with step by step I know it’s something I won’t screw up!

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    That's a nice mixer you have there. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I agree on the rebuild. 
    This one is still running pretty smooth and was not running hot but I know it needs it. I already have the grease and new rubber pad feet.
    Since our great forum member paved the way with step by step I know it’s something I won’t screw up!

Any chance you happen to have the link to that thread?
  • Photo Egg
    edited March 2020
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    That's a nice mixer you have there. 
    If it were not for your posts I never would have bought it!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I agree on the rebuild. 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1175126/i-gave-away-kitchenaid-mixers-for-gifts-this-year/p1
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I agree on the rebuild. 

This might be a better link.
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/857452/kitchen-aid-mixer-repair-lots-o-picks
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Photo Egg said:

I agree on the rebuild. 

This might be a better link.
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/857452/kitchen-aid-mixer-repair-lots-o-picks
    That link above is for a lift bowl mixer which is different from the fixed base. Good link for a lift bowl if you were need to take one apart. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Potentially stupid question, here.  

A lot of older forum posts have blurred pics with photobucket logos obscuring the views.  Any way around this?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    johnnyp said:

A lot of older forum posts have blurred pics with photobucket logos obscuring the views.  Any way around this?
    I don't think so.
    PB used to be a free photo-hosting service, allowing many of us to post our pics on websites.  Some, sadly, even used it to store their only copies of their photographs.  
    One day, PB decided to become a fee service, $400/year!!!  I don't begrudge anyone from making a living, but to jack up a service from free, for years, to that exorbitant amount was criminal.  
    I've always triplicated my own photos (two HDs and DVD backup, stored elsewhere) but so many of my posts, on so many forums, suddenly were incomplete.  
    Apparently PB is still in business, if blurred pics are showing up, but I don't think they have many friends in the world anymore.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Photo Egg
    Options
    johnnyp said:

Great question. IMO
    I think the only way around it, and it’s not global, is if that person upgrades  their account. I went into PB and deleted all my images.
    What I started doing years ago was copy and pasting interesting recipes with photos and such into MS Word documents and saving them.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Could have cooked another minute.
    Went with the XL as I wanted to clean burn it a little anyway.
    Made 1 cheese bread pizza and 2 kinda junk pizzas.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    Oooh, clever use of a wok ring!  Stolen!   :)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Botch said:
    Oooh, clever use of a wok ring!  Stolen!   :)
    Thanks.
    Have used the Wok ring on my small and large in a similar manner and it worked great. Not as great in my XL. It slowed down the temp towards the center on the upper stone too much. Maybe because the lower stone was so much larger and the rising heat rolled around the cooking stone too much.
    It was about 100 degrees cooler around the center of the stone.
    I normally use the Ceramic Grill Store Lump Reducer Open Ring Model.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas