Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Covid RIBS!

Options
KiterTodd
KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
edited March 2020 in EggHead Forum
...nothing special, just enjoyed a cook while teleworking.  Knowing the FlameBoss would keep me at an even 225 while I chased telecons, kids and pups around.
Look great, but I think they had too strong of a rub flavor and possible smoke/lump flavor.
I rubbed the night before with Meat Church BBQ Rub, and then hit them the next morning with MC Honey Hog Rub.  I really like Honey Hog. I think the MC BBQ was too strong for these ribs though.  A very pronounced black pepper and maybe garlic came through, vs the tender sweet spiciness ribs typicaly have. 
I smoked over FOGO with some Apple wood, and glazed with Bone Suckin' Sauce for the last 20 minutes.  Dipping in sauce certainly helped with the deep smoke/rub flavor.  I usually like ribs with no sauce though. 
In the past I have used mustard and mostly Dizzy Pig on ribs.  I kept it simple this time and just went with rubs.

Thoughts?

Finished...

Just On...

Pre-saucing

Some sides...

Plated... nothing neat or fancy.  Just a family dinner, folks.

LBGE/Maryland

Comments