Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T. got chased by a dog "HE NEVER GAVE UP"

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
Sorta silly but I kept hearing a large dog bark at people walking.  I continually felt like I was being sized up but couldn't figure out from where.

There he was on the other side of a barrier wall.  No sweat I continued with my purpose.

I tried to play peek a boo behind my truck.  I ducked down.  He started jumping verticle to see over the wall.

I went ahead and put my ladder up.  Next thing I know dogs climbing the tree.

Then ill be dag gone if he didnt use the tree to get over the wall then run my @$$ up the ladder

Then sat their evaluated the ladder and was going to climb when the owner came and got him.

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Boxers are pretty smart dogs. He just wanted to play....
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    Options
    That is hilarious!  The only advice I can give you is stand and bang.  In my landscaping days the best medicine for aggressive dog was to meet them in the middle and control the situation, most times this worked.  One time a big ole standard poodle got to close so I burped the weedeater in its mouth.. It came back for more so I retreated.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    That's hysterical. Thanks for the share.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Don’t think that’s a boxer. Looks more pit
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Lit said:
    Don’t think that’s a boxer. Looks more pit
    Prob a mix legs are long for a pit.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    overachiever
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    Options
    Very funny! Thankfully my boxer hasn't figured this trick out yet. 
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Very funny! Thankfully my boxer hasn't figured this trick out yet. 
    As a dad of three boxers, She/he will, just a matter of time.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    May want to take a chainsaw with you next time you're in that neighborhood. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Mine learned how to turn on a space heater as a pup. It was one of the small ones that you just hit on top like a snooze button. He opened a bottle of beer once also. 
  • frazzdaddy
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mine learned how to turn on a space heater as a pup. It was one of the small ones that you just hit on top like a snooze button. He opened a bottle of beer once also. 
    Haha, They are such cool dogs. Always wanting to play or get into mischief.  I made the mistake of replacing all the door knobs with ADA levers. Nothing is safe now.My wife swears they taught the Mainecoons how to open them.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Great thread.   Thanks for the laugh!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Haha, They are such cool dogs. Always wanting to play or get into mischief.  I made the mistake of replacing all the door knobs with ADA levers. Nothing is safe now.My wife swears they taught the Mainecoons how to open them.
    The female that I had before him hated the vacuum cleaner. One day while I was at work she assassinated it by biting the plug off of the cord. Only one of many stories usually involving theft of food.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    The female that I had before him hated the vacuum cleaner. One day while I was at work she assassinated it by biting the plug off of the cord. Only one of many stories usually involving theft of food.
    Our youngest (2 year old Sealed Brindle) has the same issue. I can not have her outside when I run any of my power equipment. We have a fenced dog run off the back deck,so to keep the mud out of the house I made a 12 foot landing for the dogs to traverse when they came up on the deck. I bordered it with 6x6s and filled the inside with screenings(fine gravel) . Middle fawn would have nothing of that and proceeded to remove it all. 2 whole yards of it. Ya just got to laugh.  
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    We just had our dog swallow a chicken wing bone whole.  Any advice @DuckDogDr?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Don’t give the dog chicken bones????
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    Options
    @thetrim If your dog ever swallows something and you need it back immediately give them hydrogen peroxide it will cause them to vomit 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    Options
    TY
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @thetrim

We had our dog do the same thing. Try to get him to puke them up. Just pray none of the bones cut anything internally. He had some red crap for a few days and were fortunate it didn't require any surgery. Best of luck to you and your dog. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @thetrim been on nights so sorry for delayed response. Just woke up. PM sent
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thanks for your help, @DuckDogDr.  I hope we're part of the 99.5%, because...
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Yea that’s definitely a pit mix. Thanks for sharing a good laugh! 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Maybe the dog was hungry and smelled BBQ?   🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Kudos to the woofer.  
    Great story, thanks for sharing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    With a profile pic on the head I could probably tell if he was full Boxer or a boxer pit mix. For instance.

The "notch" right before the  eyes  is dead giveaway for a pure bred.