Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's have fun with the Buffalo!!

Options
13»

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Aaron Franklin himself could start an account on this forum, and even if all of us knew it was really him, he would still get a million troll flags. It's how this place rolls 
    I think I might troll flag the Buffalo.
    You can’t.  “You can’t flag a moderator’s post.” 
     Not sure why I tried flagging the buff but it doesn’t matter you can’t.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Aaron Franklin himself could start an account on this forum, and even if all of us knew it was really him, he would still get a million troll flags. It's how this place rolls 
    I think I might troll flag the Buffalo.
    You can’t.  “You can’t flag a moderator’s post.” 
     Not sure why I tried flagging the buff but it doesn’t matter you can’t.
    That is Un-American!

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Botch said:

Almost flagged you, but only commies flag cute dog pictures.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:

Almost flagged you, but only commies flag cute dog pictures.

So then you should have flagged him.  I'm so confused.
    YukonRon said:
    I did the NASCAR thing, testing materials with a sponsorship to some of the biggest teams and the greatest drivers of the sport.

Glad to have had the opportunity to have been involved in such a minuscule manner, but that ship has not only sailed, for me, it was torpedoed in the harbor.

I know how much it costs to sponsor teams and cars. Look for the BGE to cost more in the not too distant future.
    You do realize this is an iracing virtual car and not a real NASCAR racecar.

@YukonRon never lets an opportunity go by to underhandedly let everyone know how much money he has. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I did the NASCAR thing, testing materials with a sponsorship to some of the biggest teams and the greatest drivers of the sport.

Glad to have had the opportunity to have been involved in such a minuscule manner, but that ship has not only sailed, for me, it was torpedoed in the harbor.

I know how much it costs to sponsor teams and cars. Look for the BGE to cost more in the not too distant future.

@YukonRon never lets an opportunity go by to underhandedly let everyone know how much money he has. 
    Or how stooped I really am.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:

But, if your neighbor is a turtle, you probably live under a piece of flotsam. 
    Options

This guy?

I live in the oldest, smallest, cheapest, most run down home in our neighborhood.

He does not.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Man, this place did not used to be nicer
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    YukonRon said:

This guy?

I live in the oldest, smallest, cheapest, most run down home in our neighborhood.

He does not.
    This is actually a great strategy. 

When my wife and I were recently shopping for a house late last winter, we always agreed that we wanted a shack in a really nice neighbourhood. 🙂 We ultimately bought a place that was older and less updated than we had anticipated purchasing and at a slightly higher price point than we had been targeting, but in a central area we had never imagined we would reside in. We are of modest means and ultimately purchased a modest home, but are surrounded by properties abutting ours worth 3-4 times our purchase price. 

We have no doubt this approach will serve us well over time (and our financial advisor, whose sister actually lives a block away, agrees). In a home appraisal two months in, value was already estimated almost 6% above our purchase price (and the estimators factored in our purchase price as part of the assessment, so the more passage of time since purchase, the more this gap should widen).  

All this to say keep up the good work, Ron. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    It would likely depend on whether he was being douchey. Or not. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    I had apparently started typing that comment some months ago, but forgot to post it.

Good thing someone resurrected this one!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:
    I had apparently started typing that comment some months ago, but forgot to post it.

I wonder how many half finished comments are lurking out there?
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options

Grilled asparagus is my favourite!  
  • caliking
    Options
    caliking said:

I wonder how many half finished comments are lurking out there?
    Dude, I forget shite all the