Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    My son just passed his driver's test at the DMV. Just added him to our insurance. What a kick in the junk.
    When we added our daughter to our insurance, it almost doubled. My son turns 16 later this year, I have no idea what that will do to it.
    Well, ours has more than doubled. Which really sucks because Nevada has some of the highest insurance rates I have seen due to the number of uninsured drivers.
    Yeah, that for sure is a kick in the junk.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    @Dyal_SC that looks awesome! I’m a sucker for loaded nachos or fries.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I don’t comment sometimes on hour cooks because frankly - I just can’t find the words. “I made all this cool stuff. I vaguely remember serving it on some pizza...”

#1 That is just really cool.
    #2 You have a great culinary talent and skill set.
    #3 You operate on a whole different level than me. Like - I’m Pee Wee league and you are Pro. And you don’t flaunt it - you just can’t help being that good. 
    Thank you for your most gracious compliment.

lousubcap said:
    @smokingal - So you have been withholding all this and this is the opening installment??  I see a Chinese water torture deal in the making...and I will be quite happy to participate in the leaked greatness.  
    I don't care how small the SD card, I am quite confident I have never taken enough pics to fill one.  Of course, suitable subjects might have altered my approach.   B)

Not withholding, per se.  I didn't realize how many SD cards I've collected these past 7 years.  My 5-year BBQ hiatus kicked in shortly after I took these pics so I guess I just never got around to making a few posts and lost track of the pics.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    My son just passed his driver's test at the DMV. Just added him to our insurance. What a kick in the junk.
    When we added our daughter to our insurance, it almost doubled. My son turns 16 later this year, I have no idea what that will do to it.
    Well, ours has more than doubled. Which really sucks because Nevada has some of the highest insurance rates I have seen due to the number of uninsured drivers.
    Right, and that is with a good student discount.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    You sure they weren't aiming for your credit card?   ;)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Males are statistically larger risks. Hold on tight. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Can you identify as a woman to get better Insurance rates? 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    DMW said:
    I hear ya.  My car insurance tripled when I moved to Albuquerque, even though I had no accidents (nor kids), all due to uninsured drivers.  When I learned that...
    I may have to finish this tomorrow, needs to be delicately worded.... :angry:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Can you identify as a woman to get better Insurance rates? 
    I don’t see how they could deny you in today’s environment. You have to be able to sleep however. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Botch said:
    DMW said:
    I hear ya.  My car insurance tripled when I moved to Albuquerque, even though I had no accidents (nor kids), all due to uninsured drivers.  When I learned that...

Why so many uninsured drivers? Not mandated? No real consequences? Both?

We are required to be insured. How do they even know who or how many are uninsured? Also if they know who they are why is it not rectified?
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Botch said:
    DMW said:

We are required to be insured. How do they even know who or how many are uninsured? Also if they know who they are why is it not rectified?
    In the state of Nevada a driver is required to have insurance. Basically, the DMV runs insurance checks and insurance companies report lapses or cancellations to the DMV. If there is a lapse in insurance the DMV suspends the registration. There is an ungodly fee for reinstatement. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• pgprescott
    Options
    Botch said:
    DMW said:

In the state of Nevada a driver is required to have insurance. Basically, the DMV runs insurance checks and insurance companies report lapses or cancellations to the DMV. If there is a lapse in insurance the DMV suspends the registration. There is an ungodly fee for reinstatement. 
    So I guess that in lieu of paying the fee, they just roll the dice and drive? 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just watching Homeland. Recent convert.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Just put a turkey pot pie in the oven. Three cup of chopped pre Egged turkey thighs, one can chicken broth, a pound of mixed frozen veggies, two tablespoons flour, extra poultry rub and black pepper. Crust is a cup of bid quick with an egg and a half cup milk mixed and scooped on top. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Beef back ribs beat their pork cousins every time.  Great cook.  
    And the suspense builds for the next reveal...   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just watching Homeland. Recent convert.
    Goes downhill after season 1 and sharply after season2 IMO. That’s said, lots of
    people disagree with me I’m sure. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Shop the insurance @Battleborn

We had a similar kick in the junk when our twins got their licenses, so we shopped it and cut the increase in half and have been happy with the coverage and service for 7+ years
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Legume said:
    Shop the insurance @Battleborn

We had a similar kick in the junk when our twins got their licenses, so we shopped it and cut the increase in half and have been happy with the coverage and service for 7+ years
    Doing that as we speak. So far everything is about the same or higher. Will keep looking. 

You should have just insured one of them and had them switch licenses when they were driving. Assuming they are identical. 🤔
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Take all the money it would cost to insure your kid, put it on a card attached to Uber/Lyft and tell them to work hard so that one day they can afford insurance on their own.
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    The Golden Retriever was robbed I say.
    @HeavyG Lol, That judge is catching #ell from the local DJ's. He is from Cary N.C. Check out  #danielgotrobbed
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i remember turning 16 and buying my own insurance. at 18 my first semester in college was cheaper =) this just tells me that college costs are out of control
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm just going to add that when the "kids" finally came off the ins,I bought two boats. Just say'n
    I was fortunate enough to have my oldest ask to be taken off of my cell phone account. I said "HUH?" "OK"
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    my car payment when I was 19 was $371 and my insurance was more than that
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm just going to add that when the "kids" finally came off the ins,I bought two boats. Just say'n
    I was fortunate enough to have my oldest ask to be taken off of my cell phone account. I said "HUH?" "OK"
    haha, that was the other part of the found boat $$. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    my car payment when I was 19 was $371 and my insurance was more than that
    Sigh, I too was a "Pink" driving award winner for several years in NC
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm