Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The King Has Arrived

ColtsFan
ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2020
    Ive been researching paella burners for awhile.  The Asian international market has some helltafied burners.  They are very cheap peice wise
    Columbus, Ohio
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    jdMyers said:
    Ive been researching paella burners for awhile.  The Asian international market has some helltafied burners.  They are very cheap peice wise
    Looks like it’s put together with empty shell casings.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I know @bubbajack really likes his FireDisc. I could use this as a deep fryer and paella pan and Blackstone replacement.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Looks like it is made in the same factory as my FireDisc, but has square tube legs. Same pot, same burner, even the logo is very close.

I will have to say that it is a little less expensive. I use mine quite often and it turns out some great food. I like portability to take it places and feed a crowd.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    If a 14" wok would fit on that (and it doesn't look like it would) I'd buy one now.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Botch said:
    If a 14" wok would fit on that (and it doesn't look like it would) I'd buy one now.  
    My wok/pot is 22 1/2 inches OD. Holds 5 gallons of whatever.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    It looks like the public grills in the roadside parks in South Africa.  @johnmitchell?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Botch said:
    It doesn't look like its designed to accommodation the spherical bottom. 

but i bet it would be pretty easy to mod a wok ring

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    I must have missed it - how many BTUs?
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    That is a cool looking grill and I bet a lot of good grub will come off it.  My only hesitation would be if someone were to buy it for the primary use to make paella. Looks like it has a hot spot and the edges would be cooler. I think that would be tough to get even socorrat. I am thinking by the time the edges crisp, the center would be burnt or have it good in the center and soggy on the edges.  Not the end of the world though. But then again, it depends on what size pan.  I am sure you could rig something up.
    Or it might work perfectly.  Hurry up! Someone buy one and let me know...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Sea2Ski said:
    That is a cool looking grill and I bet a lot of good grub will come off it.  My only hesitation would be if someone were to buy it for the primary use to make paella. Looks like it has a hot spot and the edges would be cooler. I think that would be tough to get even socorrat. I am thinking by the time the edges crisp, the center would be burnt or have it good in the center and soggy on the edges.  Not the end of the world though. But then again, it depends on what size pan.  I am sure you could rig something up.
    Or it might work perfectly.  Hurry up! Someone buy one and let me know...
    Wouldn't work so well as a paella cooker, but would kinda get the job done. 

@bubbajack brought his FireDisc to BB last year, and it was quite the workhorse. I lost track of of the cooks churned out on it.  A number of us cooked on it, and I was surprised by how long one bottle of gas lasted. The pot of that FireDisc was quite beefy. Great for deep frying, stir fry, etc. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    @caliking, you gotta start cooking before midnight this year....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @caliking, you gotta start cooking before midnight this year....
    Keep Ron at bay, and I may be able to sober up enough a tad earlier.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    I cook for the lake family, stirfrys, deepfrys,fajitas, chili, etc......can easly feed a crowd. Three years old now and is still used. My Blackstone can't do it all
    Fort Wayne Indiana