Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anyone ever brine chicken wings?

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
anyone ever brine chicken wings before a grill?  just curious, it's how I was taught.  but wondered if anyone else did it
Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    You certainly can. As long as you can get the skin to crisp they turn out well.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I always have.  I pierce the skin with a sausage pricker first; I've always felt that skin is somewhat waterproof, but haven't yet done an experiment to prove it.  Hmmm.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Sausage pricker is kinda redundant, no?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    earlier, someone posted chicken wings coated in baking powder and they came out like fried chicken.  I haven't tried it yet but on a very short list of future cooks
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Sausage pricker is kinda redundant, no?
    =)   In most cases, yes; in this case, no:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Uncleboobot
    Options
    I I watched 8 of my pals demolish around 100 brined chicken wings last November. Hands down easily the one of my most satisfying cooks. Cooking on the BGE and seeing your pals going crazy for the food, we’ll....that’s what it’s all about isn’t it?