Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 2nd brisket.

Ok, one of the “braver” things I’ve done in the realm of food was to let this 18 pound prime beast wet-age in my basement fridge - it’s been there since before Thanksgiving.  Believe me, I was quite nervous when cutting into the cryovac cocoon it’s been sleeping in for the last 7 weeks.  To my very happy surprise- absolutely no funk at all!  I had the window above the sink wide open, and the cold water running, but no need - no bad odor whatsoever.

I might have made a mess of the butchering - might be a better filet knife in my near future.  No kitchen scale but it looks to be maybe 4 pounds of fat removed.

My daughter, still on winter break, asked “who’s going to eat all that?”  It’s only the 3 of us but maybe some guests for tomorrow night’s Raven’s game.

She might be a future egger...her next comment was. “I guess it’s one of those things you do for the challenge...”. Bingo - she totally gets it!

Anyway, will hit this with SuckleBusters 1836 rub.  I expect to get started with the cook sometime this evening.  I’ll refine my plan later today, likely with some kind and gentle guidance from @lousubcap as suggested in another thread.  He was very helpful and supportive with my first brisket a couple of months ago.

Okay - off to see a movie with the dear daughter!  May the force be with you!

Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments