Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Cookbook - any "must try" recipes ?

I was given a copy of the Big Green Egg Cookbook.  I usually find great things to try from this forum and am not a fan of large cookbooks.  I will probably donate the book to the local library, but was wondering if there are any "must try" recipes I should do first.
Raleigh, NC

Comments

• It has been forever since I opened that cookbook, but I want to say there is a recipe for a pork tenderloin with a blackberry sauce that is really pretty good.  

I think there’s a pretty good recipe for stuffed mushrooms in that book too, right @DoubleEgger ?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    The recipes are fairly involved but the outcome is usually great.  For a while, I’d pick a recipe from the book every other week or so just to break up the routine and give me something to look forward to cooking. 

In my opinion, it’s a hidden gem that’s usually in plain sight. 

• Dmb3739
    Dmb3739 Posts: 62
    Not sure if this recipe is in your cookbook but I highly recommend it. I had never made homemade type baked beans before.  Not only can you get them to take on some smoke by cooking them for part of the cook in an uncovered dutch oven, but the base also is an excellent BBQ sauce for ribs, pulled pork, or anything you'd like. My family told me they never again care to eat canned baked beans.

https://biggreenegg.com/recipes/barbecued-baked-beans/
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    The roasted cauliflower is really good and I'm not even a big cauliflower fan. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL