Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EDC knife options?

124»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Why don’t you guys step up to the Military?
    Are there military grade cardboard boxes and packing tape?  ;)
  • My knife never touches cardboard! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Nice, jonathan!
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • My knife never touches cardboard! 
    this time of year and my sebenza spends 95% of the time cutting into packages. I do almost 100% of my Christmas shopping online so I am getting 2-5 packages almost every day for 2+ weeks
    Boom
  •   Cardboard is abrasive and will dull a knife very quickly. 
     I prefer to cut the tape when opening packages. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    I've been carrying a CRKT for the last 18mos or so.  It's been used to cut food, boxes, and nearly everything else a pocket knife will run into in its life. It is starting to dull though and could use some sharpening.
    NC - LBGE
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Take a look a knives by Cold Steel.  Very high quality.
  • Years ago I bought a all black big ole cold steel knife and sheath, I had it clipped to the visor of my truck. One day I lost it, I left the sheath on my visor as a reminder of my dumbassery.  
     Many months later I was getting in the truck and something caught my eye, I couldn’t believe it, I had set the knife up on the hood by the windshield and it slipped down below the wiper arm and had been riding there ever since. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I ended up getting myself the Benchmade mini crooked river for Christmas. 
  • @Lit I love their axis lock. I bought the grandfather in law a benchmade griptilian for Christmas. that axis lock is excellent

and that is a beautiful knife. I like the mix of classic and modern it has
    Boom
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Lit said:
    I ended up getting myself the Benchmade mini crooked river for Christmas. 
    I'm more a Spyderco and Chris Reeve fan but damn, that is a nice looking Benchmade. I like the orange detail. Enjoy it!
    Mountain View, CA
  • Botch
    I haven't carried a pocketknife since 9/11, but this damn thread's gonna cost me more money, I can feel it... :angry:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Botch how do you deal with the everyday challenges of shrink wrap and the seal-all plastic on about everything you buy that isn't a custom product?  My biggest challenge is to remember to leave it at home for short (no checked luggage) flights.  However, recently in Europe and the screening for museums was as detailed as any airport. 
    Merry Christmas-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I feel naked if I don’t have a pocketknife.  Back in the 70’s, we all carried the Buck 110 folding hunter in a belt sheath.  I wore one out every 5 years, and Buck replaced them for free! Those were the days!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch how do you deal with the everyday challenges of shrink wrap and the seal-all plastic on about everything you buy that isn't a custom product?  My biggest challenge is to remember to leave it at home for short (no checked luggage) flights.  However, recently in Europe and the screening for museums was as detailed as any airport. 
    Merry Christmas-
    I tackle boxes and plastic with my car keys. 
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,204
    My EDC is a small Victorinox Swiss Army knife. It's honed and stropped to a razor's edge. I have a box full of larger folding knives that never see service,
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Botch
    lousubcap said:
    Merry Christmas-
    I have a very old Stanley boxcutter in my kitchen drawer, and everything that I bring home/gets delivered comes through the kitchen, first.  
    I do grab my Swiss Army knife when I go camping, but that's about it.