Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Prohibition Repeal Day (December 5th)

While National Fried Pie Day (December 1st) may not be up most forum members alleys, this day seems like it should be a great fit.  Let's celebrate a holiday that should not exist (because Prohibition should never have been enacted).  Hopefully people will incorporate some booze into their cooks, but for those who choose to showcase a day of having a liquid diet, that will suffice as well.
It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
Egging in the Atlanta GA region
Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited November 2019
    My planned “cooks” for the 5th....

(Best bottles are at the back; out of reach from guests. 😉)
  • I suspect I’ll be able to consume an adult beverage or two to commemorate!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I will definitely give this one a strong run.  Thanks for the alert and flimsy excuse to roll into LEO and likely beyond.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    That is good information. I think Old Forester Prohibition Style may for the call of the day for me...

smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • My planned “cooks” for the 5th....

(Best bottles are at the back; out of reach from guests. 😉)
    No Vat 69??????

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited December 2019
    Well... I’m almost at the bottom of this. 

And although off by a few days, I did include Bushmills 16 In the ham glaze, gravy, and bread pudding for Thanksgiving this year. It was my late FIL’s favorite drink to tip back. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    We will be attending the Santa Clara Valley Wine Association end of the year mixer, for industry and guests only. Every winery brings a 'few' bottles to sample. We will celebrate in style.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Cranking it up with great rocket fuel this evening. LEO a given, escape velocity well in play.
    Da-n the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @lousubcap: Looks good, Frank. 50% for the win. 
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    I purchased Not Your Father's Root Beer to try my hand at making a boozy root beer float.  Unfortunately, I found out that the stuff has a horrid aftertaste.  Like acrid, rancid vegetable oil.  I'd rather down a pine of paint thinner than take another swig of that crap.  I'm working on a beer infused dinner for tonight to properly celebrate this holiday.
    Arteflame grill grate

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited December 2019
    smokingal said:
    I purchased Not Your Father's Root Beer to try my hand at making a boozy root beer float.  Unfortunately, I found out that the stuff has a horrid aftertaste.  Like acrid, rancid vegetable oil.  I'd rather down a pine of paint thinner than take another swig of that crap.  I'm working on a beer infused dinner for tonight to properly celebrate this holiday.
    Just add spiced rum or whisky to regular root beer. A lot less calories too.

Also, don’t cook the beer! The ETOH is the point of the holiday! Otherwise, we’d all being living in a perverse dystopia of O’Douls-only bars. Like a perfect distillation of Utah.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    fun fact:  root beer was traditionally made with sassafras, a tree where the main flavor ingredient in the bark, safrole, is a precursor to MDMA, aka "ecstasy" .
    smokingal said:
    I purchased Not Your Father's Root Beer to try my hand at making a boozy root beer float.  Unfortunately, I found out that the stuff has a horrid aftertaste.  

Also, don’t cook the beer! The ETOH is the point of the holiday! Otherwise, we’d all being living in a perverse dystopia of O’Douls-only bars. Like a perfect distillation of Utah.
    I won't be cooking the beer, per se.  Just using it as a marinade base.  And it looks like it'll have to wait until the weekend.  But I shall celebrate it regardless.
    Arteflame grill grate