Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Back Where It All Started

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
edited December 2019 in Off Topic
Back in 2010 I was in Atlanta for a work conference for a week. For dinner one night I went to Muss & Turner and saw “Kamado cooked pork chops” on the menu. I asked the server what kamado meant and it’s all been downhill since. 

That one dinner cost me 3 eggs, Ol’ Mortimer, flying to NO for Brisket Camp, driving to Salisbury, NC with Ol’ Mortimer for Butt Blast, countless $$$ spent at SRF and other purveyors, but best of all - it led me to become a member of this community and meeting some of you misfits in person. 

Anyhow, I am back in Atlanta for another work conference, so it is only fitting that I come back to M&T. 

Lunch is a pastrami Philly Cheese (sans bread), and will be headed to the mothership when I’m done. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments