Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time Cheesesteak

After a depressing weekend for both my college and pro teams, I needed something to drown my sorrows in addition to the bourbon.  At the store they had thin sliced NY strip, which is not ribeye, but it sounded good so picked up some rolls, provalone, and onions and peppers as well.  I watched a video from Tony Luke on YouTube, and was off to the races.  Melted butter into the cast iron pan, then veggies and salt.  Cooked until veggies were soft then pulled off.  More melted butter, then the meat and chopped it up as it cooked.  Threw back in the veggies and then more salt.  Topped with provalone and melted, then stirred it all in, topped with more provalone, and then melted that.

I doubt these are authentic but they turned out great.  I've only ever been to the Philadelphia airport, never to the city, but this was better than the steak I got in the airport for sure.  Thanks for looking.

Comments