Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2019 Deer Season Back Straps

Options
Decided to cook some back straps on the XL. 
Cooked it just like you would a steak @ 400°+  and pulled at 120° internal. 
Used a small amount if Dale's Marinade and finish with Montreal seasoning. 
Cut a single back strap in half and bacon wrapped one.  Turned out great!   SUPER TENDER!!!!  

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    damn my mouth is watering 
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    edited November 2019
    Options
    beautiful, I’ve cooked them that way but not with bacon. Good stuff
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Options
    I was thinking about doing one with dizzy dust rub and a bacon weave.  And then cooking it like a pork loin.  Any better ideas?
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    That BS looks great! Nice trim. Great cook. Wish I had some left!
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wow!  They look amazing!  You kilt it!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Blackwidow98
    Options
    Thanks for the comments!   I forgot to add that I did use some BBQ sauce on the bacon wrapped one just to give it a glaze at the end of the cook. Both were excellent but you know everything is better with bacon!  :smiley:

• Blackwidow98
    Options
    Woadie said:
    I was thinking about doing one with dizzy dust rub and a bacon weave.  And then cooking it like a pork loin.  Any better ideas?
    It sounds good!  Definitely worth a shot! 
    When I cook something new I always do a quick search on the web just to get some ideas.  Although most of the time I do add my own personal touch. Maybe a different seasoning or cooking temp... or something totally different!  
    Trial and error.   It's all part of the grilling experience!