Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    smokingal said:
    SciAggie said:
    @smokingal Are those corn or flour tortillas? The whole business looks delicious.
    @SciAggie I went with corn this time.
    Thanks. They look delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    chicken pot pie, muthaflippahs!
    Boneless?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Boneless?
    Notice there is no massive hole in the middle...
    Options
    @Dyal_SC That looks wonderful. My wife loves it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @Dyal_SC That looks wonderful. My wife loves it. 
    Thx!  One of those simple 20 minute cooks that we often forget about. Hit the spot. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Nice chicken pot pie. Looks boneless to me, based on the structure and clean slices. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just picked up a couple local akoushi wagyu ribeyes , 4 prime brisket birgers, and some breakfast sausage. 
    You eaten the ribeyes yet?  Just got the email yesterday and haven't had time to get over there to pick some up.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just picked up a couple local akoushi wagyu ribeyes , 4 prime brisket birgers, and some breakfast sausage. 
    You eaten the ribeyes yet?  Just got the email yesterday and haven't had time to get over there to pick some up.
    Probably gonna be Friday night but will let you know how they are.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SGH said:
    Going home fellows. 

I can finally see land 👍
    Be safe and congratulations my friend.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    It rained hard all day yesterday and up to about 3 a.m. the drain down the side of our garden is full and the fields flooded.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    Eoin said:
    It rained hard all day yesterday and up to about 3 a.m. the drain down the side of our garden is full and the fields flooded.

Yikes - are you going to stay dry indoors? :o
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Its coming thick and fast now, lots of mid-week Euro fun and another three day fixture weekend.  And big news chaps - Stoke have got a new manager,  well nearly a whole new one - he’s still doing his old job for a bit too.   I will allow our special Potters correspondent, @eoin take up the story.

Tonight;

Woeful Watford tramp across the Fens to Norwich, who are possible on the wane (regressing tho their mean?) after a few decent wins.   Given both teams’ necessity to win, it’ll most likely be a dismal stagnant affair.   And trust me,  that’s the worst kind of affair.   1-1.

Saturday

Lunchtime : Palace go to vibrant Chelsea where St Frank of Lampard has unlocked the fairy dust for his brood of youngsters.  They will score their now familiar three goals and given Palace’s dose of the yips in front of goal, it means 3-0 or maybe a 3-1 if one of the Frank-lets stick one in the wrong end. 

Proper o’clock;

You know when two ladies wear the same outfit and it’s a crisis beyond comprehension?  Not a problem for football-ists as Burnley welcome their claret and blue counterparts from West Ham. OK the visitors will be in evenue generating alternative regalia, but that’s irrelevant.   Hammers are in a tail-spin (who cares?) and Burnley are being Burnley.  1-0 for Lancashire’s finest.  (Other than Jimmy Anderson - Google it)

Newcastle welcome Bournemouth - I am saying the longest trip in the league & I can’t be bothered to check.   The home team fluked a win at West Ham last week and the Cherries are as tight at the back  as {insert animal / person’s name here} {insert body part here}.  1-0 away win.   (347.9 miles - I checked that bit at least)

Southampton v Everton - Ok there’s a theme here,  nearly every game this week looks - well, er, boring?  Two more teams in a bit of a pickle.  Neither will want to lose so it’s whose defence can replenish the others’, if there is a freak goal at some point.  But 0-0 all day long for me. 

Spurs and Baldes - two weeks ago the visitors would have fancied this, but there’s signs of life in Tott-ing-ham. It’ll be ugly, but a decent win in Europe will buoy the home team and they’ll find a way.  2-1.

Michael O’Neill - the newly anointed Stoke manager takes the reins for a basement battle against 2nd bottom Barnsley - the town that time forgot.  Tough gig and a draw would be optimal, a win would be super-tastic.  Dead cat bounce says 1-0 to the Potters.  

Tea-time

Leicester will beat Arsenal for two reasons: the Foxes are on fire and the Gunners are in a right pickle.  The latter is explained by Unai Emery running the team like a hippy supply teacher. 3-1.

Sunday lunchtime (snooze o’clock)

Them stripey upstarts from Brighton head to Old Trafford.  Despite the hosts being a shadow of themselves from a few years ago - they should have enough to win this.   They got undone at Bournemouth, but talismanic Marcus Rashford has regained his pomp - and they back in more familiar surroundings of half & half scarfs and selfie enthusiasts.  2-0

Concurrently (for reason listed below) its a ‘just outside Birmingham derby’.  Villa travel not very far to play Wolves.  Feisty one, this is.  (I do apologise, I have no idea why I went all Star Trek / Star Wars - whichever, there).  Much fun in the stands, no doubt and a few meaty tackles.  A bit of football here and there.  Villa will take the lead and it will be a draw - that’s what Villa do.  2-2

Tea-Time :  the most important game in the history of man / football / that day is Liverpool v Man City.  Apparently things like BREX*T and impeachment will all defer to this mighty epoch defining match.  But it’ll be crap.  We know that right now.  Both teams see the game as ‘necessary’ and just want it done.  Cagey and a bit sterile.  1-1 I reckon.  Anyone remember MAD, from the Cold War not the comic? Well imagine that using a heavy lunch, comfy chair and warm sun rather than ICBMs. 

Ok that’s your lot.  I am off to catch up on the cricket - we are temporarily brilliant at that again, like we were for a few days at rugby.   Also its international weekend again next week, so by the time I am back it will be less than 30 sleeps to Christmas.     Yay. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    This is how douche canoes park.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• milesvdustin
    Options
    I want to get a bunch of cards made up that say "you park like a jerk" or something similar so I can leave them for people that park that way

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Eoin
    Options
    I want to get a bunch of cards made up that say "you park like a jerk" or something similar so I can leave them for people that park that way
    Writing on the screen with surf board wax or lipstick works well. No damage and a PITA to get off. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    ....And big news chaps - Stoke have got a new manager,  well nearly a whole new one - he’s still doing his old job for a bit too.   I will allow our special Potters correspondent, @eoin take up the story..........Michael O’Neill - the newly anointed Stoke manager takes the reins for a basement battle against 2nd bottom Barnsley - the town that time forgot.  Tough gig and a draw would be optimal, a win would be super-tastic.  Dead cat bounce says 1-0 to the Potters.  
    I'm not sure that bottom of the Championship manager changes are hot news in the USA. 

Hopefully our soon to be new border in the Irish Sea won't affect O'Neill's ability to move seamlessly between Stoke and Belfast post Brexit. Stoke admin might be kept busy filling in customs declarations every time there's a Norn Iron match / training session. At least keeping his hand in on the international scene might save him from becoming another victim of the Stoke City up and coming manager graveyard.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:

Perhaps a rice crop is in order?
    Options
    experiment to see if removing all the air increases ripening because the ethylene concentrations will increase relatively speaking...
    Options
    experiment to see if removing all the air increases ripening because the ethylene concentrations will increase relatively speaking...
    This would be a fun experiment. I hate waiting 3-4 days for avocado's to ripen
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    Options
    You do understand that however long you leave it,  it's still an avocado and won't grow in to a BGE despite looking like one?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,772
    Options
    they ripen faster on the fridge where its hotter in my house, generally one day
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    You do understand that however long you leave it,  it's still an avocado and won't grow in to a BGE despite looking like one?
    Or a Chiminea
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The "control" avocado specimens are in the background.
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Sir, your underhanded trumpeting of my desires for alchemy only belight your own fantasies for magic in our ordinary Newtonian world.  That said, carry on.