Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does this thermometer make my mini look small?

Smokeware has a sale on everything on their site this weekend. I upgraded the therms on my bigger eggs. The mini gets the therm from the 2XL now. I like it. 

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Those things make XLs look small! Makes the Mini look like a Christmas tree ornament. Your egg, your money, but I never could see the point.

Hey, you asked... =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Those things make XLs look small! Makes the Mini look like a Christmas tree ornament. Your egg, your money, but I never could see the point.

Hey, you asked... =)
    Hey never expect you to see the point of spending a dime, but still do love your replies. :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Those things make XLs look small! Makes the Mini look like a Christmas tree ornament. Your egg, your money, but I never could see the point.

Hey, you asked... =)
    Hey never expect you to see the point of spending a dime, but still do love your replies. :)
    Has nothing to do with the cost. It could cost 10¢, free shipping, and I wouldn't buy it. Just don't see... why. Like I said, your egg, your money.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Just don't pull your junk out in sight of it on a first date.

Hey, you asked... =)
    Has nothing to do with the cost. It could cost 10¢, free shipping, and I wouldn't buy it. Just don't see... why. Like I said, your egg, your money.
    We get it, you are a fan of small thermometers. It just helps to make your mini look bigger. It’s a good strategy, I see your point. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Rough crowd.

But those which may be dealing with some degree of astigmatism, may find it useful.

I shall choose not to discuss the compensation issues which seems to hover on such issues.

However, to answer the question, originally posted; Yes. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Compensating for something lol 
  • That's awesome!   I think it would be funny if they added Braille numbering on it
  • All good joking fun aside, I do enjoy the practical use of seeing the temp clearly from inside my house now. It is quite useful. But I do see the craziness that others do in having a big therm like this on a tiny grill. 
  • What's the old joke.. "Don't have sex with a woman with big hands"
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Or, "hey sweetie, I have a great way to make your boobs looks bigger... I have small hands."
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I added a large thermometer to my small egg for the same reason, especially when it’s raining. I can see it from my patio door now and not get soaked. 
    Large BGE, small BGE, 2-22” Weber kettles, 26” Weber kettle, Weber jumbo joe, 14” WSM, 17” BS and 36” BS. Hope Mills, NC. USA. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    EGGHEAD83 said:
    I added a large thermometer to my small egg for the same reason, especially when it’s raining. I can see it from my patio door now and not get soaked. 
    I just send My Beautiful Wife outside....

No I do not....not really.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Do these shoes make me look fat?

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I dig it.  I think it looks cool and I love big thermos.  Much easier to read and more precision in the measurements.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • New smokeware therms arrived today at work, put one in the work mini to give it a test.  I like the black I think.

• New smokeware therms arrived today at work, put one in the work mini to give it a test.  I like the black I think.

The black background and white needle does make it much more readable from a distance.

The black background and white needle does make it much more readable from a distance.
    Big enough to shut fire down too. 

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    what makes the mini look small is that it is small, a true novelty item if there ever was one
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Zippylip said:
    what makes the mini look small is that it is small, a true novelty item if there ever was one
    Yep. Anything below medium is novelty. But I love em.