Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for your fav Poutine recipe

Options
had this at Q39 in KC and would like to see how I could do with a homemade attempt.
Thank You
Lrg 2008
Mini 2009

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    fries, cheese curds, and brown gravy
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You mean folks have tried more than one?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    You mean folks have tried more than one?
    just one
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I always thought poutine was what canadians called gravy.  Didn't realize it was a dish.  Ha!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i have to ask, other than mail order, where do you even buy cheese curds, i googled, nope, not here
    fukahwee maine

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    i have to ask, other than mail order, where do you even buy cheese curds, i googled, nope, not here
    My local Harris Teeter sells them near the fresh mozzarella and gourmet cheeses.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    We can buy them at the Ash County Cheese Factory in downtown West Jefferson NC, WJ is our summer home town, factory has been there since 1930.
    I was standing at the checkout one day and a lady said o the clerk I would some chewy cheese please, the clerk went into the back and came out with Cheese Curds.
    After the lady left I asked what's the difference between the ones in the back and in the case in the store, seems as though the ones in the back have not been refrigerated and are squeakier than ones that have been refrigerated.
    Curds are also know as squeaky cheese because they make a squeaking noise in your mouth.
    Ash County Cheese ships cheese in the winter months.

https://www.ashecountycheese.com/

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    @fishlessman, Google "cheese curds near me" (or near whatever town). I even found some here. You'll probably have better luck in Mass than Maine. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    Options
    target was the closest hit and its unavailable in the mass stores here, second hit was curds and co and they may make it for you if you ask, im not asking. they curate their own cheese and with an app you can monitor you're cheese developing =) wth is wrong with this world =)
    fukahwee maine

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Traditional poutine is french fries + cheddar cheese curds + brown gravy sauce

Traditional poutine:
    French fries should ideally be fried in beef fat
    Cheddar cheese curds should be fresh and never refrigerated
    Sauce is traditionally a brown gravy sauce

That being said, there are so many variations now we even have restaurants dedicated to fancy poutine.

The best one I ever had was a foie gras poutine from Orleans island near Québec city.  French fries in duck fat, foie gras morsels, cheddar cheese curds, and sauce made with a base of fat from the foie gras 😳😳😳

That being said, there are so many variations here. Italian poutine with spaghetti meat sauce, pulled pork poutine with barbecue sauce, etc.  You can think of it they make it in a restaurant around here.

What are you looking for specifically?

paqman said:
    Traditional poutine is french fries + cheddar cheese curds + brown gravy sauce

Traditional poutine:
    French fries should ideally be fried in beef fat
    Cheddar cheese curds should be fresh and never refrigerated
    Sauce is traditionally a brown gravy sauce

That being said, there are so many variations now we even have restaurants dedicated to fancy poutine.

The best one I ever had was a foie gras poutine from Orleans island near Québec city.  French fries in duck fat, foie gras morsels, cheddar cheese curds, and sauce made with a base of fat from the foie gras 😳😳😳

That being said, there are so many variations here. Italian poutine with spaghetti meat sauce, pulled pork poutine with barbecue sauce, etc.  You can think of it they make it in a restaurant around here.

What are you looking for specifically?
    The poutine I had at Q39 had some wine in the gravy, smelled great all the way
    home . . . 2 1/2 hr drive 
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009