Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: new bed (not mattress) suggestions? Anyone have Thuma?

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
edited November 2019 in Off Topic
WAY OT I KNOW, but you guys never dissapoint!   I have a new King Mattress on order (2 girls & dog made it necessary) and now need a new King Size Bed.  Think I am going "platform bed" style bc we will not have Box Spring.  Hoping to get headboard (not wood) and frame all together if possible.  

This search sucks, overwhelmed with options, and seems like the same crap is re-branded over and over on different sites.  Trying to avoid big box brands (wayfair, west elm, etc) unless really good deal (under $600) and decent quality.  EDIT: I will pay more if seems like quality (solid wood, no squeek, easy install, etc) is there.

Anyone have or heard of brand Thuma?  Anyone get a new bed recently and would recommend?  
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• speed51133
    Options
    Well, that is not cheap, well over your under $600 requirement. Its a thousand bucks. If shopping other places, you need to price it competitively. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • NDG
    Options
    @speed51133 yes well THUMA seems to have the quality to justify that price . . but some of the stuff on West Elm is priced similar but uses plywood / MDF / particle board which seems like a ripoff 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • speed51133
    Options
    yeah. THUMA does seem like quality, but it is very minimalist. There really isn't much to it. If that is all you want, go for it. Did you see tuft and needle? They sell a similar bed at a similar price. I have never bought their beds, but I have purchased their mattress. Very good quality.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I had a platform bed like that once where the base overhung the mattress. 

Cracked my damn shin on it thousands of times
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• NDG
    Options
    @ColtsFan I keep telling my wife that!!  Warning falls on deaf ears now BUT I know it will be the source of curse words in the dark.
    Columbus, OH

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Check out furniturelandsouth.com. They are the world’s largest furniture store in High Point, NC. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from them over the years. They have EVERYTHING. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I had a platform bed like that once where the base overhung the mattress. 

Cracked my damn shin on it thousands of times
    Not very covfefe friendly either  ;)