Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Sandwich Day - November 3rd

Tomorrow is National Sandwich Day!  I did not realize this until just now and therefore had no plans for it.  Popeye's chicken sandwich is scheduled to be back in stock tomorrow, so maybe I'll just try and grab one of those.  Anyone else have any plans to celebrate?
It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
Egging in the Atlanta GA region
Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited November 2019
    We could have a debate about whether a hot dog is a sandwich???  B)
    However, I will endeavor to honor the day w/o a hot dog.
    Edit:  Thanks for the alertment as I am usually cook booked for Sunday's but tomorrow is an exception.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Was thinking about tacos tomorrow. Is that a sammich? If not, oh well.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Sounds like a perfect day for a French Dip!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Was thinking about tacos tomorrow. Is that a sammich? If not, oh well.
    That was my thinking as well.  I thought maybe I'd make a torta, but tacos are so much better.  A breakfast sandwich might be more feasible.
    Arteflame grill grate

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    smokingal said:
    Popeye's chicken sandwich is scheduled to be back in stock tomorrow, so maybe I'll just try and grab one of those.  Anyone else have any plans to celebrate?
    I'd read that Popeye's decided to re-debut their cheekun sammich on a Sunday, just to needle Chik-fil-Aye.  
    I made a big pot of green chile stew today, mebbe I'll ladle it over a couple old corn tortillas tomorrow, that could count as a sammich?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• smokingal
    Botch said:
    smokingal said:
    Popeye's chicken sandwich is scheduled to be back in stock tomorrow, so maybe I'll just try and grab one of those.  Anyone else have any plans to celebrate?
    I made a big pot of green chile stew today, mebbe I'll ladle it over a couple old corn tortillas tomorrow, that could count as a sammich?  

A tortilla is a type of bread.  Stew has meat in it.  Meat + bread = sandwich.
    Arteflame grill grate

• I'm gonna actually make a Popeyes run today and pick up a couple. Didn't get to try one last time and curious to see what the fuss is all about. 
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    They should move National Sandwich Day to the day you made those cheesesteaks. 
  • smokingal
    They should move National Sandwich Day to the day you made those cheesesteaks. 
    Which one are you referring to?  I've made too many of them and they all blur together at this point.  A cheesesteak would be the perfect way to cap off today.  Hmmm....
    Arteflame grill grate

• I’m making grilled cheese and grilled bologna sandwiches at lunch to celebrate the day!
  • I picked up 2. I'm not a mayo guy so mine came with just a pickle. Agree on the lettuce and tomato.  Added hot sauce and spicy mustard when I got home. They are good.

And as far as the line goes...the drive thru was wrapped around the building so I ventured inside. Had my order taken right away but waited at least 20 minutes while all the workers seemed to be spinning their wheels. And this was at 10:45 am. The "excitement" will go away soon enough and i'll occasionally try another one.
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    I had a meatball sandwich for lunch - homemade meatballs and sauce.  Quite yummy.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Chief9
    Chief9 Posts: 141
    We had some leftover clam chowder so I made a grilled cheese to go with it, they're always good.
    Carrollton, Va
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Popeye's sandwich is great!  My son got one today, but I passed.  The madness for a sandwich is a bit much to me, but....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • smokingal
    Calbbqer said:

Pastrami from Katz 
    Mmmmm.  Looks so good!
    Arteflame grill grate

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Calbbqer said:

Pastrami from Katz 
    You win the internet today!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Country Ham with Havarti on rye...used Dukes with some home grown tomatoes.
    Delicious.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Pedestrian burgers. 
  • Went to PDQ for lunch today, had the crispy pimento chicken sandwich. Made the sacrilegious comment that it’s better than Chik-fila. 
  • I had a pb&j. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    So if a taco is a sandwich is a burrito a sandwich? 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • smokingal
    edited November 2019
    td66snrf said:
    Yes.
    Edit:  As long as it has meat.  Real meat.  Not some meat alternative.
    Arteflame grill grate

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    smokingal said:
    td66snrf said:
    Yes.
    Had the alt meat sample at Costco today. I doubt if I can put enough pickles, onions, tomatoes, mustard, Dukes, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, ketchup or any other condiment I know of, to mask that taste.

Not for me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • I forgot all about it being sandwich day.  We had leftover Chinese.  I doubt Singapore noodles would be enhanced by putting it between slices of bread.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    YukonRon said:
    smokingal said:
    td66snrf said:
    Yes.
    Had the alt meat sample at Costco today. I doubt if I can put enough pickles, onions, tomatoes, mustard, Dukes, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, ketchup or any other condiment I know of, to mask that taste.

Not for me.
    I’m still waiting for someone to market meat that looks like vegetables.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821

I’m still waiting for someone to market meat that looks like vegetables.
    @Legume I agree 100pct. You see tofurkey, fake hamburger, fake chicken etc. Why do vegetarians want their food to look and taste like meat? I think it would be really cool to have a ribeye that looked like a carrot or an apple. Something like that. OK I lie I'm perfectly happy with how a ribeye looks. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    smokingal said:
    td66snrf said:
    Yes.
    So a bean burrito is not a sandwich.

A PB&J is a sandwich.

A grilled cheese is a sandwich.

Discuss...