Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Never been - Any tips or tricks from the Vets for this weekend?

Options
As the title reads, never been to Eggtoberfest before so not sure what to expect outside of the recap videos.

Long time egger, but going to the festival for once. Bringing my Dad and it's his birthday so want to make sure we have a good time so any recommendations is appreciated.

Also shoutout to @The_Buffalo for hooking up the tickets after they were sold out!

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Pace yourself.  There will be more food than you could possibly eat. Be as selective as you care to be. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • chabs
    chabs Posts: 14
    Options
    Pick yourself up one of the plates at the store that has a cup holder built in so you can carry your food and beer with one hand it'll make it much easier to wander and eat. 

Pace yourself as there's an overwhelming amount of different things to try.
  • RdrGregory
    Options
    Be sure to bring a hat and sunscreen. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited October 2019
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Take Bourbon Slushies, label them as marinade. 

Technically, it's not incorrect.
    NOLA
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If the participants aren't too busy, ask them about techniques, setup, sauces, rubs, etc. Just like we do here. We did so at the Eggtoberfest in Denver two weeks ago. The participants that we talked to were happy to share.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • KKoterski
    Options
    Thanks all for the recommendations!
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Sunscreen, lots of water, and do not eat everything in sight.  You will be full within an hour and the afternoon will be pretty miserable if you're bloated, dehydrated, and burned from the sun.

Btw, if you get there at 10am, you're going to be in line until 1045.  You're not going to miss anything in the first hour.....just show up fashionably late and walk right in.

I'll give you one of those plates mentioned before, just PM me with your phone number then you can text me when you've arrived.