Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest. Excited still after all these years

Got my first Egg in 1998, and missed the first 2 Eggtoberfests. Got a full dose of the kool-aid in 2000, and have not missed an Eggtoberfest since then. Things were different then since it was all a hobby for me. A lot has changed, but a lot is still the same! This great festival involves a sh*t ton of people who love to cook and share, and I can't wait to watch it unfold once again. Kudos to the BGE Mothership for the staggering amount of planning that goes into an event this size.

Dizzy Pig will be there cooking in the culinary partners tent, and Ray Lampe, Ken Hess and I are doing a round table Q&A around 3. Please stop by and visit as you walk around stuffing your faces! Travel safe and see some of ya there.

Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• This will be my first--looking forward to it!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Haven’t been in a couple years but the buffalo hooked me up this year. Can’t wait have only been once in Stone Mountain and we cooked so it’s gonna be fun to wander and meet people. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @lit Make sure the wife spends some time at the knife safety course.  Hope she's doing well.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    thetrim said:
    @lit Make sure the wife spends some time at the knife safety course.  Hope she's doing well.
    She can’t make it her school has something going on that weekend. Just me and my boy going but he can eat. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    I flying in on Friday around noon......going to be visiting dealers in the area.  See you guys Saturday!

We had a text message group going last time, so if anyone wants to revive that again, let me know.

I can bring some hats, aprons, drawstring backpacks, etc if anybody wants them.  We're out of t-shirts except kids ones.
  • Don't you mean you're "Eggscited" ?  ;)

Enjoy.  I've only been to this once but it was a lot of fun.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Hoping for an Eggcellent time for everyone!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    You gettin a tee shirt this year?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I flying in on Friday around noon......going to be visiting dealers in the area.  See you guys Saturday!

We had a text message group going last time, so if anyone wants to revive that again, let me know.

I can bring some hats, aprons, drawstring backpacks, etc if anybody wants them.  We're out of t-shirts except kids ones.
    You’re the Rockwood Santa :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I flying in on Friday around noon......going to be visiting dealers in the area.  See you guys Saturday!

I would love an apron--hopefully I can get to you before they all get away!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Don't you mean you're "Eggscited" ?  ;)

Enjoy.  I've only been to this once but it was a lot of fun.  Enjoy.  I've only been to this once but it was a lot of fun.  
    Yep. Eggcited, or just plain wound up. Gonna be so much fun. Woohoo!

Just thinking how young I was when I attended my first is enough to make it kinda cool. Will be geezing this one! Cheers

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited October 2019
    This our first time to go and we are cooking!
    I gotta say both Shelly and I are Eggcited also!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • My first time as well - looking forward to it!  Wife is not nearly as excited...
    Franklin, TN LBGE
  • This will be my maiden voyage also. Much like Predsegger just mentioned, I will need to step up my Christmas gift giving for the wife this year. Cautiously optimistic at best on her half. Plus - she doesn’t drink beer so that’s extra drink tickets for me!!! Oh man, I could be in trouble........
  • Nature Boy
    My first time as well - looking forward to it!  Wife is not nearly as excited...
    I got a feeling your wife may turn around, especially if she likes good food. Look forward to seeing you there (and meeting your wife). Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Gr_egger said:
    This will be my maiden voyage also. Much like Predsegger just mentioned, I will need to step up my Christmas gift giving for the wife this year. Cautiously optimistic at best on her half. Plus - she doesn’t drink beer so that’s extra drink tickets for me!!! Oh man, I could be in trouble........
    You'll dig it. Just remember you can't try all the food, so you can pace yourselves and have the opportunity to walk around and be selective...all while using your wife's beer tickets :) Sounds like you have the designated driver lined up. See ya there :) Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Lit

You have little kids shirts like a 3t or 4t?
  • stlcharcoal
    Lit said:

Yeah let me look.  
  • stlcharcoal
    Lit said:

Found a 5T and will bring it along......send me a PM with your cell phone number and we'll hang out.
  • thetrim
    Say Hi to Raichlen from us!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95