Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Ginger Baker OT

Options
Farewell to one of the greatest drummers. Ginger Baker (Cream, Blind Faith) passed away. Only one surviving member left of the 60's super group Cream: Eric Clapton.
"We were two jazz musicians and a blues guitarist" Baker said of "Cream".
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Very sad.  Great drummer and a great band.  Creme was so influential to other great bands.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    The Cream played at the local concert hall in '68. It was a school night, I was a "good boy" and didn't go. The guys I knew who did came to class the next day, their eyes still unfocused, ears ringing. One described them as the three base points of a pyramid of fire.

If you like to know more about Ginger, look for the movie "Beware of Mr. Baker."
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    The Ginger Baker Trio was pretty spectacular too.... RIP.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If you have a spare couple minutes look up the YouTube video where Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) interviews Ginger Baker.  Chad tries to light Ginger’s cigarette and Ginger swats the lighter away. I’m pretty sure the phrase “Gingers have no soul” is based on him.  What a maniac. 

But holy crap, could that guy play.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• EGGHEAD83
    Options
    RIP. 
    Large BGE, small BGE, 2-22” Weber kettles, 26” Weber kettle, Weber jumbo joe, 14” WSM, 17” BS and 36” BS. Hope Mills, NC. USA. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I learned of this yesterday while listening to Deep Tracks (XM) in the car. Another great one has left the planet. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    If you haven't watched "Beware of Mr. Baker" on NetFlix do yourself a favor and take the time.  Fascinating.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA