Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An 'xpriment

Options
Rib Eye cooked on the mini and turned every 2 minutes.  Total cook time was little over eight minutes.  

No gray band.  Very tender and tasty.  Heartbrand beef.  Thanks for looking-Joan 
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• EggObsessed
    Options
    So great to see a post from you, Joan!  Bruce and I were just speaking of y'all yesterday and saying it's been too long since we've seen y'all.  Big hugs to you and Lloyd!

Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Like your style, Joan. Steak looks delicious!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Looks like juicy goodness right there!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Definitely good eats right there.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That looks mighty fine!

I've had burgers from heartbrand ground beef before and was pretty impressed. I'll bet that steak didn't disappoint. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    caliking, the steaks don't disappoint.  Neither does the tri tip, roasts or the bone marrow.  Heartbrand has become my beef of choice.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nice on the mini!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    nailed it Joan
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Now that is getting it done.  Money shot for the win.  Congrats.
    Too late this PM to check your source but I am one who gives any solid meat purveyor a go at least once.  Thanks for the heads-up.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Show off
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Those look as good as any SV or reverse sear I've ever seen -- great job!

For thick steaks, I'm sticking with reverse sear because I've taken to using some smoke during the low-and-slow part, and I definitely can taste it in the finished steak, and I LOVE it.  Maybe if I had a lot of smoke in an 8-minute cook with frequent flips it would taste the same, but I'm guessing that more minutes in smoke = more smoke flavor.

Anyway, your steaks look GREAT!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    very nice!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    That a winner!
    Nicely done Joan!! :clap:
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I second this for steaks - Chicago black and blue or Pittsburgh rare.  Roast and toast the outside until done! (Med-rare).  SV or reverse sear for guaranteed results, but nothing beats a good burn done right. It's like 'eye of the tiger' time.  Great!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Great looking steak!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    caliking, the steaks don't disappoint.  Neither does the tri tip, roasts or the bone marrow.  Heartbrand has become my beef of choice.

Great looking steak. Where do you get Heartbrand? Is it local or do you have to order it?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Thanks everyone.  
    For those who don't live in either the SATex area or DFW area here is the Website:https://heartbrandbeef.com.  
    Those in SATex can purchase the beef at Bolner meat market.  
    The DFW area at Deep Cuts in Dallas (Coit at Beltline (NW shopping center).  Beef is $$$ but worth every dime.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    For those local , another benefit to being in CT.  Their shipping starts at $25
    and this from their web site:
    "All packages, except gift certificates, are delivered within 1-3 days from the time of shipping. Customer will be charged a minimum fee of $25 per meat order or 25% of the order for orders over $100.00. HeartBrand® Beef ships to all physical addresses in the continental United States. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. All orders are shipped with ‘No Signature Required’."  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Good to see you here Joan, gorgeous steak!  Calling @RRP, someone needs a Rutland  ;)

canuckland
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    So good to see another post from you, Joan!  I need to take a little drive and get me some Heartbrand!  I have tried most of the methods on the forum, and "flip often" always turns out great.  It is found in in a lot of the APL recipes..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That ‘xpriment ain’t no excrement!!  That’s a work of art!
    Flint, Michigan