Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Chiminea is baller 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• TideEggHead
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Haven't said much,  didnt want to jinx it...and its been a 6 month process that's been a brainstorm for the past 9 months.

4 months ago, me and 2 other buddies started an LLC to form our own duck club ...and today we officially closed on some property in Arkansas; purchased free and clear....its ours....no more BS with 20 people and their guests, no more wasted money on yearly leases to line some one else's pockets...

So needless to say I'm excited about this upcoming season
    Congrats! I'm guessing now the real work begins but you have about 2 months to get ready for the season! I always enjoy getting our crew's little property ready for the season, you can fully appreciate all your hard work. It's nice to not have to deal with other people and just go hunt!
    LBGE
    AL
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Haven't said much,  didnt want to jinx it...and its been a 6 month process that's been a brainstorm for the past 9 months.

4 months ago, me and 2 other buddies started an LLC to form our own duck club ...and today we officially closed on some property in Arkansas; purchased free and clear....its ours....no more BS with 20 people and their guests, no more wasted money on yearly leases to line some one else's pockets...

Good for you. Long ago avid duck hunter in MS delta on family land. Field and timber hunting. My favorite memories. Fields would lock up in cold weather and nothing better than timber hunts.
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @TideEggHead. A little work not much. Just a small remodel of the storage room to make a 3rd bedroom for someone.  Property is good to go for the most part hunting wise.

Yea not dealing with other people will be nice..we had a weird set up last year and wound up sharing a house with another club....other club wound up getting us raided by game wardens and we were fine on our stuff other than the hassle but also kinda done at that point.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Nice @DuckDogDr what’s the setup? Timber, open river, pot ponds?

ready to see some green heads this winter- excited for you all. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Thanks @Wolfpack. Property is flooded timber..hunting that to me is so much better and fun than the rice fields we were leasing
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

That’s awesome.  Congrats!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Stihl sale at Ace this month. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

Nice.  I bought the 600 last year and love it.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

I wanted the 350, but they didn’t have it.  This will work fine for my needs.  Couple of times a week. 
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Spring trip to Cabo.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

I wanted the 350, but they didn’t have it.  This will work fine for my needs.  Couple of times a week. 
    Right size for the wife or boys - you’re not fooling anybody.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Aren't you the one with the lawn mowing father in law?   Is this a "present" for him? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Aren't you the one with the lawn mowing father in law?   Is this a "present" for him? 
    After a couple of TIAs and a knee replacement I’m dong my own lawn.  My dad passed in March so I’ve got my moms lawn too.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    kl8ton said:

After a couple of TIAs and a knee replacement I’m dong my own lawn.  My dad passed in March so I’ve got my moms lawn too.  
    Well it was a good ride!   You will love that Stihl blower!  Just in time for fall cleanup! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Wife & I went thru an open house this afternoon just a block south of here.  Made a $450K offer to the seller, so it’s a waiting game now’
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

I kept my handheld Stihl for the times that I just blow the patio or driveway.  Glad I did because the backpack is a beast.  Weighing 22lbs it’s kind of a hassle to put on for 10mins of use but it will sure move some leaves when needed. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Just ordered two 27" 4k monitors to replace my single 32" 2560x1440 monitor. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FDMGBQ1

The docking station I'll be using arrived yesterday. That supports either dual 4k or single 5k displays (has dual HDMI and DP connections on it to feed the displays). I hope that it will work (properly) with my work laptop as well as personal laptop. Both have USB C connections for docks and such. No power delivery via the dock, so I'll still connect the power bricks. Not a big deal for me there though. 

As long as thing go well, I'll have to decide what I'll do with the older display. I might do something to lift it above the other two (behind them) so that I can also have that for other items. I suspect my personal laptop will be able to feed all three displays without issue (discrete Nvidia graphics there). Not so sure about the Dell I got from work. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    My in-laws are getting Norah a new Apple desktop computer, can’t wait!!! She’s pumped, to get a desk for her 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

You know that spot just inside your shoulder blades that totally knots up?  Yeah, gone now. Tried one of these at a friends, I had no idea.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Glamour purchase today, a new waste water treatment plant. Old septic tank removed already.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Modular closet solutions for a guest bedroom.....where I don't want to spend a fortune. Any suggestions where you have found joy yourself?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options

Guess you are now doing yard work?

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    kl8ton said:

@northGAcock
  • northGAcock
    Options
    kl8ton said:

@northGAcock
    You must be worn out.

• northGAcock
    Options
    kl8ton said:

@northGAcock
    You must be worn out.

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    A new battery for my 17 year old's car
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer