Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Music are you listining to right now

Options

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Steve 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Hey, is anyone else watching Ken Burn's new documentary on Country Music, on PBS?  It's flooring me, just like his first doc on Jazz.  

I've had a love/hate relationship with country.  Grew up in a household where Mom listened to big band and Frank, Dad listened to stone country (and during meals, we all listened to country).  I really loved the jazz stuff, played trombone from gradeschool thru college jazz band (highest-chaired non-music major at Iowa State!) but also inherited a fiddle from my great-grandfather (whom I never met) and soon was gigging with country bands in college.  Continued playing in country bands in Ohio, then New Mexico, but when I could finally afford a synthesizer, started playing in rock bands.  

I can still appreciate the direct, REAL feeling in country, though, and that's why I'm really digging this new documentary.  

The current story kinda floors me.  Kris Kristofferson grew up with military parents, got into prestigious Pomona College in CA, became a Rhodes Scholar (!!!), officer/helicopter pilot in the Army... then he saw Johnny Cash.  Moved to Nashville, janitor in a recording studio for years, finally got to record his own songs onto an album that went nowhere, lost his family, and then wrote one more song...

Busted flat in Baton Rouge, headed for the trains,
    Feelin' near as faded as my jeans...

...and the rest is history.  I LOVE this kind of stuff!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Not watching it....but perhaps I need to run it down. Country, while not my go to....I enjoy an occasional song on my play list. I am not likely to listen to a station on XM....but tip my cap to some of the greats like Cash, Jennings, Coe etc. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    Options
    @YEMTrey @GATraveller Check this out.  Never have heard anything like this.  I can't stop playing it.

Mannish Boy - Ruckus Roboticus Remix – Muddy Waters, Ruckus Roboticus
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Took a bit, at first I was like no!  then it brought Muddy back to life and with an edge.  Kind of grew on me.
    Steve 

• GATraveller
    Options
    @YEMTrey @GATraveller Check this out.  Never have heard anything like this.  I can't stop playing it.

Mannish Boy - Ruckus Roboticus Remix – Muddy Waters, Ruckus Roboticus
    I just scared everyone in the office yelling "YEA!!!"  
    I dig it!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Tribute concert to Neal Casal
    https://youtu.be/4pAor7Cv66s

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    That was a great stream last night!
    Steve 

• GATraveller
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    That was a great stream last night!
    Having to catch up and listen while I work.  Great way to start my day.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    Options
    New Billy Strings album came out today.

Home – Billy Strings
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    Options

Steve 

• northGAcock
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Have you heard the Fillmore West Shows leading up to the East shows. Grab them if you see them....equally as good only days before. Cheers brother.

• GATraveller
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Have you heard the Fillmore West Shows leading up to the East shows. Grab them if you see them....equally as good only days before. Cheers brother.
    So good! Miss these guys. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options

Umphrey's McGee: "Can't You See" 02/18/17

https://youtu.be/vcQLnn_U3hw

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options

Marcus King - "Goodbye Carolina" | Live at the Opry |

https://youtu.be/dSt3EqSg4ZM

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Billy Strings - Away From the Mire
    https://youtu.be/4_UBajTNCL4

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    Options

Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    One of those moods today:

Steve 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    An Oldy but Goodie, live version that I haven't seen before.  Edgar Winter/Rick Derringer, Frankenstein!!

https://youtu.be/lprFCcpaswo

I've played in bar bands from age 19 to about 50, and always wanted to try this song, but never found a band willing to try it.  Bucket List fail, I guess....

B)   B)   B)   B)   B)  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Botch said:
    An Oldy but Goodie, live version that I haven't seen before.  Edgar Winter/Rick Derringer, Frankenstein!!

https://youtu.be/lprFCcpaswo

I've played in bar bands from age 19 to about 50, and always wanted to try this song, but never found a band willing to try it.  Bucket List fail, I guess....

B)   B)   B)   B)   B)  
    A couple of great ol rockers right there.

• YEMTrey
    Options

Steve 

• YEMTrey
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Steve 

• Bayou_Buzzard
    Bayou_Buzzard Posts: 111
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My son just put me on to this guy. Sturgill Simpson. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx4yYrpSLMPpKLD_guW7zJOnM4uk2i3l6
    From the shores of Lake Michigan.  Grand Haven.
    Unsalted and Shark Free
    XL.  Woo Adjustable Rig Combo.  Flame Boss 300.
  • GATraveller
    edited October 2019
    Options
    RIP Ginger Baker
    If you haven't seen his documentary "Beware of Mr. Baker" do yourself a favor and take the time. Brilliant!!
    https://youtu.be/s1VNOw1JASM

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA