Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bachelor week cooks-heavy on the seafood side

Last week was beach week and I brought a little bit of seafood home since the wife hates it and I knew she wouldn’t be home this week...
Fried oysters 
Grilled Caribbean grouper on the Large seasoned with a triple layer of AlbuKirky - Casa, Green Chile, and Anchonero 
Shocked that it came off the egg in one piece 
Chargrilled some oysters tonight after grilling thick sliced pork loin glazed with pineapple/habanero sauce accompanied by frozen Rally’s/Checkers frozen fries 😀
Wetumpka, Alabama
LBGE and MM

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Nice cooks

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • I wish I was your roommate this week! Same issue, wife hates seafood and I love it.
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Is grouper for breakfast frowned upon?

That looks spectacular. Is frozen Rally's fries like a thing? 

Kudo's my friend. Brilliant cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wow what great looking food...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Want company?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• a man that knows how to eat, yes sir awesome week of cooks 2 thumbs up.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    nice
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    @gonepostal Nice work on those cooks.  Can you married men enlighten me on something.  Why do you have to wait until your wives leave in order to cook something they don't like? 
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Looks awesome! That grouper especially 
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Very nice!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    You're living well, sir!

@smokingal it's to ensure that we're not next on their "don't like" list :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • smokingal
    caliking said:

@smokingal it's to ensure that we're not next on their "don't like" list :smiley:
    I get that sentiment, but I guess I don't fully understand.  Bear with me, as I've been told by many that I think differently than most.  But why do they care what you cook as long as you make something they like as well?  Fresh seafood shouldn't smell, so I don't get what the big deal is.  If I was married and my husband cooked something I didn't like, I'd just make something else to eat.  Do they interpret your actions as intentional?  Sorry, @gonepostal, not trying to drown your thread.  I'm just genuinely curious.
    Arteflame grill grate

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @gonepostal Great cooks right there.  Way to maximize the window of opportunity.
    @smokingal - there is quite an industry that deals in Venus and Mars.  Would that such issues were as straight-forward and clinical as you present but for some reason they usually don't work out that way.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    smokingal said:
    caliking said:

I get that sentiment, but I guess I don't fully understand.  Bear with me, as I've been told by many that I think differently than most.  But why do they care what you cook as long as you make something they like as well?  Fresh seafood shouldn't smell, so I don't get what the big deal is.  If I was married and my husband cooked something I didn't like, I'd just make something else to eat.  Do they interpret your actions as intentional?  Sorry, @gonepostal, not trying to drown your thread.  I'm just genuinely curious.
    just seen that with my brothers wife, he had food cooking in the oven, she removed it and cooked her stuff first =) now explain that to me as im not married, he wont be soon either me thinks
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    @gonepostal killer looking food,  looks like i hit the seafood place today for lunch
    fukahwee maine

• smokingal
    smokingal said:
    caliking said:

just seen that with my brothers wife, he had food cooking in the oven, she removed it and cooked her stuff first =) now explain that to me as im not married, he wont be soon either me thinks
    lousubcap said:
    @smokingal - there is quite an industry that deals in Venus and Mars.  Would that such issues were as straight-forward and clinical as you present but for some reason they usually don't work out that way.  FWIW-

@fishlessman  Oh, man.  Point taken.  Not something I would ever do, but I know women who would.  It's not fair of me to expect you guys to have insight into that behavior when I don't.  I have asked, however, and it usually involves tales of circular logic that I've always linked to selfishness.

@lousubcap LOL.  That's why I led with the disclaimer, "Bear with me, as I've been told by many that I think differently than most."
    Arteflame grill grate

• fishlessman
    smokingal said:
    smokingal said:
    caliking said:

lousubcap said:

@fishlessman  Oh, man.  Point taken.  Not something I would ever do, but I know women who would.  It's not fair of me to expect you guys to have insight into that behavior when I don't.  I have asked, however, and it usually involves tales of circular logic that I've always linked to selfishness.

@lousubcap LOL.  That's why I led with the disclaimer, "Bear with me, as I've been told by many that I think differently than most."
    i believe you nailed it
    fukahwee maine

• @smokingal I can't speak for anybody else on here but I can answer for myself and the dynamics that I deal with...
    1) I do most
    2) I do All of the cooking

Yeah she can cook but I got tired of frozen pot pies, frozen pizza, and spaghetti cooked in about 15 mins with a jar of Ragu. (her specialty btw) in about 3 days...

And after I got the eggs, I just kind of took over. I look forward to the back porch time as often as I can get out there. Which is a ton. 

I can't tell you the last time that I had a bowl of cereal. She can live on Lucky Charms. So when the fresh fish that I catch myself starts to pile up or I bring too much fresh seafood back from the beach...she very willingly breaks out the cereal and milk. And she also knows that I'm not grilling her a steak, pork chop, etc. on those nights. 

So this week was more about timing for me than anything else. She wasn't home. We had just got back from the beach and I didn't eat a ton of seafood on the trip. So I decided to gorge on everything that I brought back...

And after 3 straight days, I'm a little tired of it myself. I did burgers and dogs tonight on the Large. She hates hot dogs btw!

Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @gonepostal. As a seafood lover, It all looks fantastic. Well done sir! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.