Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone still use a DigiQ/CyberQ these days?

Options
I did a quick search and didn't find many recent posts regarding DigiQ/CyberQ.  Most seem to talk about Flame Boss or EGG Genius.  Not having a digital screen doesn't appeal to me so EGG Genius is out.  

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I am still using the original CyberQ and PartyQ.  They have been abused over the years, left out in the rain, etc., still work great.  I AMinterested in the Smobot as I have some property with no wifi...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    Options
    I have a DigiQ DX that works just fine.  I am looking at the Thermoworks Signal+Billows to replace my DigiQ + Maverick with a single system.  Will probably try to sell my DigiQ at that point.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I use my DigiQ DX2 when I’m cooking and going to be away from home.  I’ll also use it when I’m doing a longer cook in windy conditions.  It’s just for peace of mind.
    Flint, Michigan
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    smbishop said:
    Not a fan (pun intended). 

A little surprised by that review but thats that’s why I love reading the whiz’s work. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • speed51133
    Options
    Nobody here uses the fire board?
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    CyberQ here for overnighters
    Jacksonville FL
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Couple of DigiQ's here, never had an issue. I think I use them just to see if they still do the job. Egg's can cook just fine without a controller in most conditions.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have a DigiQ2. Have had it for about 8-9 years. Maverick too. Haven't used either in forever. They work perfectly, I just don't need 'em. Turbo means you can put "lo n slo" cooks on in the morning and the food will be ready by dinner time. Don't need a controller, just check manually from time to time. And I never used either for "normal" cooks. Oh, and even when did use a controller, I saw no point in wifi. I never leave home when the egg is lit so I don't need to be able to control it remotely.

Don't remember the last time I used my Maverick either. IOW, all this remote nonsense is a waste of money. For me, anyway. Suit yourself though.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• aem
    aem Posts: 146
    Options
    smbishop said:
    No, I had not seen that yet.  Thanks.  Rethinking my plans now.  May still get the Signal or Smoke to replace the Maverick but keep the DigiQ. Or maybe upgrade to the CyberQ. Most of the problems in the review could/should be fixable via software update so maybe it will improve over time and/or through a V2 of Billows.

Honestly, the DigiQ meets all of my needs and most of my wants.  Yes, WiFi remote monitoring/control would be nice but not critical to me. 
  • speed51133
    Options
    https://www.fireboard.com/

I feel like a cheerleader, but you really should consider it.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • BigGreenKev
    Options
    Still have the DigiQ.  I go in waves using it.  It always seems to go through the probes way too fast.  Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong but when another probe goes bad, I get out of the habit of using it while I wait for the new one to come.  
  • AZbge
    AZbge Posts: 96
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses.  I've had a DigiQ for years now and have had no issue.  Reason for my question is that I've got a friend in the market for some sort of similar device.  After a quick search on here, most recent posts refer to the Flame Boss.  Maybe the Flame Boss (500 or other) is just the shiny new toy in the egg community?  I know we all like new toys around here...
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    CyberQ for overnight cooks. Still works like a charm. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• judyrb
    judyrb Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the CyberQ for overnighters. I did not like using a browser for the Wifi, so I use the Weber iGrill Mini (1 meat probe) and the app lets my phone know in the middle of the night if the temp is increasing.  But I got mine in 2016, so newer technology might be better in 2021. I keep all my cooks in a spreadsheet, so have all the notes I need.