Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef short ribs

Options

Comments

• unoriginalusername
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • mvnole
    mvnole Posts: 54
    Options
    Those look awesome, but have a question. Sam’s sells beef short ribs, but they don’t look like that.  I have attached a picture of them. Has anyone cooked them and how?  Would love to try, but not even sure what to do with them. 
    LBGE 
    FWB, FL
  • pgprescott
    Options
    mvnole said:
    Those look awesome, but have a question. Sam’s sells beef short ribs, but they don’t look like that.  I have attached a picture of them. Has anyone cooked them and how?  Would love to try, but not even sure what to do with them. 
    Hot and fast. I make Korean short rib tacos. Delish! 
  • mvnole
    mvnole Posts: 54
    Options
    Korean short ribs crossed my mind. Korean short rib tacos sounds awesome. 
    LBGE 
    FWB, FL
  • pgprescott
    Options
    mvnole said:
    Korean short ribs crossed my mind. Korean short rib tacos sounds awesome. 
    There surely better recipes out there but I simply use Dizzy Pig Peking rub and glaze with Trader Joe’s Korean bbq sauce. Add fixing as desired. Easy peasy and a hit. 
  • Calbbqer
    Calbbqer Posts: 69
    Options
    Direct. A few minutes per side.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That’s enough y’all. Now I have to go buy some ribs to cook - I’m hungry. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon