Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We’re going big today!!!! 3.8lbs big

ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
Hey everyone, we’re cooking a 3.8lb tomahawk ribeye from SRF!!!  Here are a few photos of the cook thus far. 

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• Nice looking "meatsicle".
    XL BGE
    Malden, MA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Wow!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• zahulio
    zahulio Posts: 135
    Looks beautiful!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Wow Wow Wow!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Love the meat next to the bone! Great looking cook.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ryantt
    @stlcharcoal thanks for all the support over the years.  Norah wanted to k ow if your cool if she uses our banner in our bbq room....she wants it to be in every video we do.    

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    Great cook and caveman for the home-run money shot.  Nailed that cook across the board.  Congrats Chef Norah Grace, SRF, Rockwood and the producer @ryantt.
    Awesome!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Wow that looks great! 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Caveman for the win!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ryantt
    @thetrim learned one thing tonight, you don’t need hair on your arms when cooking caveman, it all burns off anyways.  

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Loving the caveman finish.  Nice work!  Congrats to you and Chef Norah Grace.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Looks great!  You could have fed half of Massillon with that!  Go Chef Norah!
    Large BGE, Cookshack Smokette, Weber Genesis Gold, and Weber Smokey Joe
    Canton, Ohio
    Home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame
  • ryantt
    https://youtu.be/ciY2uuo7hn0

Here’s the video we made, just having a blast Norah Grace and I love cooking together.  

• ryantt
    Ok. I give up will one of you post the link so it shows up like a little video box?  I’ve tried from chrome and my Apple laptop.  I give up on technology.   

Also if anyone is so kind as to watch it tell us what you think!!!!! Please good or bad we are just having fun and learning as we go.  We want to get good at doing these so Norah can use on for a language arts project this year.    

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    That looks delicious 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited July 2019

Ryan, the link you posted was …h ttps://youtu.be/ciY2uuo7hn0

When I clicked on it, it opened as... 

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciY2uuo7hn0&feature=youtu.be

I just copied the second one and pasted it into my post. 

Yet, without the space in https, both displayed the vid when I posted. Beats me.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    ryantt said:

That young lady is my forum favorite👍
    On a separate note, great looking grub👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    ryantt said:

My brother, you look like you are getting close to bench pressing that Buick👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    ryantt said:

Also if anyone is so kind as to watch it tell us what you think!!!!! Please good or bad we are just having fun and learning as we go.  We want to get good at doing these so Norah can use on for a language arts project this year.    
    It didn’t look like a first time video to me. Nicely done, and Nora Grace has a future as one of the next Food channel chefs!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • ryantt
    @SGH once I became immobile pre surgery in October...meaning no more walks bike rides or weight lifting..I’ve gotten real fat.  Good news is I’ve drooped 36lbs just another 70 to go.  (I was fat to begin with). 

• ryantt
    ryantt said:

Also if anyone is so kind as to watch it tell us what you think!!!!! Please good or bad we be are just having fun and learning as we go.  We want to get good at doing these so Norah can use on for a language arts project this year.    
    It didn’t look like a first time video to me. Nicely done, and Nora Grace has a future as one of the next Food channel chefs!
    Thanks for the feed back, Norah got nervous and didn’t want to be on camera to much.  She said next one is all her. 

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    I really enjoyed the video. That was a great meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• ryantt
    @bluebird66 thanks for the feed back.  We are having a blast but we also want the video to help or reach as well.   We’re learning as we go. 

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    you need a bigger fanny pack man!
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • ryantt
    @speed51133 if you noticed I changed fanny packs part way into the video took off my hard shell one and put on the bone growth stimulator.   Your comment made me laugh so hard.