Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First wings

Options
Woadie
Woadie Posts: 154
Put some olive oil and rubbed with Swamp Venom.  
Cooked at 350 indirect on a raised grid. Cooked for about an hour and then pulled and tossed them in Texas Pete wing sauce.  Then put them back on for a few minutes till done.  
Finished with some grilled pineapple covered with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with a brown sugar mix.  

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Looks nice. Just for grins next time try direct / 400 / raised. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Woadie
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Thanks I’ll definitely try that next time.  
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice meal!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Just watch the adult beverage intake..Things can get burnt to a cinder in a hurry.. ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Woadie
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Just watch the adult beverage intake..Things can get burnt to a cinder in a hurry.. ;)
    Hahaha no doubt!
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    Your first wings look good!  Wings is one of my favorite cooks.  
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Great looking meal all the way around!
  • onpoint456
    onpoint456 Posts: 204
    Options
    Lol, were you at my house??? I did my first wings as well, also robbed with swamp venom. I had them on for about an hour, felt it was a little too long. Probably go around 45 next time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Great prep for National Chicken Wing Day on July 29th.  Practice and/or just go for it then.  Looks great right there.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Woadie
    Options
    Lol, were you at my house??? I did my first wings as well, also robbed with swamp venom. I had them on for about an hour, felt it was a little too long. Probably go around 45 next time.
    Haha it’s funny but my brother in law was there and he normally can’t find anything hot enough for him but he said he was sweating after a few.  But he did like the taste.  Yeah I’m going to try and get them higher in the dome next time and reduce the time.  
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    Nice looking cook. I do mine @ 350 indirect for 40mins. Wife convinced me to try for 45mins and some were a little charred. I cook on regular grate and use SmokeWare combo if I have too many. Both come out abt the same.