Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide prepared meals

Options
H12mike
H12mike Posts: 134
We are looking for a source for quality prepared meals which can be Sous vide.  I will visit Omaha Steaks today and check out their selection, but was wondering if there were other sources available.

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Not sure I understand, are you looking for a fully prepared meal that you want to warm in the bubble bath? 
    No question that pulled pork, the kind you do yourself, packaged and frozen can be dropped into the pot to rewarm. The Trés Booblay is ideal for leftovers, but buying a prepared meal to reheat have never considered.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    I would like to try some ready to eat prepared meals.  I already do the frozen leftovers from the egg and they are great but I am looking for something I would normally not cook myself.

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    realeats.com?  dont know anything about them

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sous vide processed proteins can be completely pastuerized and, if you dont open the bag, will keep for up to two weeks in your fridge.  So only bag a couple of chicken pieces at a time, sear protein, saute veggies and voila quick meal.  

It can cut down on your prep time, but if you're looking for the SV verison of a microwave dinner, I don't think you'll find it.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA