Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Hot and Fast Pork Butt

Options
First hot and fast cook took me by a bit of a surprise over the weekend. Started the egg around 10PM saturday night, plans were to smoke around 250 all night (with temp controller) then wake up, wrap, and finish until 204 degrees...around lunch time. well that plan didnt work as i had hoped. I left the egg to get hot, forgot about it, and it jumped to 400 and i didnt want to stay up any longer and fool with it (tired from yard work) so i put on the pork at 11PM around 350. stayed there all night, didnt get below 320 the entire cook and the controller didnt turn on once. woke up at 5, it was at 205 and probing there was no resistance. FTC until 11:30 when i pulled it and it couldnt have been better. couldnt tell the difference in that or the 12 hour butt ive done in the past. Definitely going to start cooking hot and fast in the future to save time, and no loss of flavor/texture/moistness. 

Comments