Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seafood Mixed Grill...

Options
...had the house to myself yesterday evening and decided to do a last minute mixed grill.  I love seafood and as fun as it is to cook for a crowd, it's also nice when you can make everything to your tastes and not have to worry about spice level, smoke or gluten allergies!

So, I ran out to Harris Teeter and picked up a bag of clams, 4 scallops, some salmon, broccoli and a round of fresh sourdough bread to soak up the sauce I had planned for the clams.

The clams are in garlic, butter, white wine, olive oil and a mix of seasonings.  At the end I hit them with some cream and a splash of hot sauce.

The salmon has MEAT CHURCH HONEY HOG on it which was off the charts! I'm going to add that to salmon in the future.  Really nice flavor. That also marinated for a bit in some greek dressing.

The scallops are good plain. In this case I put a little S&P and a pinch of cayenne on them. They're in butter.

It was all cooked on the egg.  Quick.  Easy.  And delicious!

LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Man, that looks soooo good!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Great looking meal!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Looks absolutely amazing!
    Way to pull the whole meal together
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Looks absolutely amazing!
    Way to pull the whole meal together
    Thanks.  Always fun when you can get everything on the grill at one time for a bit.  Other than overcooking the broccoli a bit, everything else was moist and succulent! I'll take it. ;)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Very Nice!  You have some of my favorites in there also.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    KiterTodd said:

I keep coming back to this pic. It reminds me of one of those Franklin trays... only healthier and with WAY better bread!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    My wife wants to go out for dinner, I want to duplicate this!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Holy Moly -- that looks absolutely spectacular!
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Can't wait to see what you do when it's not "last minute". That is a whole lot of deliciousness right there. Great work!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Bravo Sir!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    That is a dream plate! Love cooks like this!
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Can't wait to see what you do when it's not "last minute". That is a whole lot of deliciousness right there. Great work!
    Thanks.  It was one of those "let me see what looks good at the seafood counter" shops.  :smile:
    LBGE/Maryland
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,340
    Options
    Now that is making the absolute best of a great opportunity.  Great planning, prep and cook right there.
    Nailed 'em all.  I would inhale the entire results in a short order.
    Congrats on the entire process.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Very, very nice work.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • ANDY_USMC
    ANDY_USMC Posts: 33
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    ...had the house to myself yesterday evening and decided to do a last minute mixed grill.  I love seafood and as fun as it is to cook for a crowd, it's also nice when you can make everything to your tastes and not have to worry about spice level, smoke or gluten allergies!

So, I ran out to Harris Teeter and picked up a bag of clams, 4 scallops, some salmon, broccoli and a round of fresh sourdough bread to soak up the sauce I had planned for the clams.

The clams are in garlic, butter, white wine, olive oil and a mix of seasonings.  At the end I hit them with some cream and a splash of hot sauce.

The salmon has MEAT CHURCH HONEY HOG on it which was off the charts! I'm going to add that to salmon in the future.  Really nice flavor. That also marinated for a bit in some greek dressing.

The scallops are good plain. In this case I put a little S&P and a pinch of cayenne on them. They're in butter.

It was all cooked on the egg.  Quick.  Easy.  And delicious!

Wow, this looks so good. I love Honey Hog on anything!