Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Set Up

We’ve been playing around with a few different set ups and this is the one that seems to be working the best so we went ahead and painted it.  So far so good- lots of counters that take hot things and no drawers/cabinets to accumulate dust.  We hadn’t wanted to go with wood again but figured with this do-it-yourself painted-treated-lumber design, it should be easy enough to tweak or fix if needed.
Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    Great view especially if that's your yard 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Nice setup and really nice view!  I’m extremely jealous of you folks who live by the coast and have access to great fresh seafood!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Beautiful set up. Savanna?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Johns Island SC- just outside of Charleston
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Looks perfect!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Beautiful view and a cool setup. Forgive my old eyes but is it wood that it is sitting on?  If so I would consider a table nest or some other method of raising it up a bit. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • booksw
    Beautiful view and a cool setup. Forgive my old eyes but is it wood that it is sitting on?  If so I would consider a table nest or some other method of raising it up a bit. 
    It’s sitting on a bluestone tile- the countertop is also made up of bluestone tiles.  We still have the old big green egg “feet” and thought of adding those but decided against it.  Our old set up was a teak table made by Komodo joe.  We had a concrete tile under the egg in that table so we figured this bluestone would work just as well?
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Air gaps provide an order of magnitude greater protection from heat transfer than concrete, which provides an order of magnitude greater protection from heat transfer than natural stones.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    booksw said:
    It’s sitting on a bluestone tile- the countertop is also made up of bluestone tiles.  We still have the old big green egg “feet” and thought of adding those but decided against it.  Our old set up was a teak table made by Komodo joe.  We had a concrete tile under the egg in that table so we figured this bluestone would work just as well?
    Tile or concrete is a conductor of heat, not an insulator.  If the Egg is sitting on it, it's going to get just as hot as the base.  So, even if it doesn't get hot enough to light the table on fire, you're losing BTU's to it.  Get the feet or a table nest underneath it, then make sure you have some cross bracing under that tile in case it cracks.  I can only see the to boards running longways, so maybe you already have that.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Clean setup, I like it!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bgebrent said:
    Beautiful set up. Savanna?
    Brent....you got nothing that gawjus in Georgia. What kind of question is that?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • booksw
    We added the “feet” plus another spot for the Mini Max: 

Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Great set-up.
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Extremely picturesque.  Nice.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• whta
    whta Posts: 62
    I agree with stlcharcoal - make sure you have some type of cross brace in case your bluestone tile cracks.  Otherwise, looks great, and the view sure doesn't suck either!

How are the no-see-ums in the summer....
  • booksw
    For whatever reason the noseeums haven’t been too bad this year- plus we almost always have a breeze- they tend to come around when the air is still.
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs