Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Another Reason I Shop At Lowe’s Instead Of Home Depot

1235»

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    My dog has never set foot in a store.  Only building she’s ever been in besides our house is the vet.  Your argument doesn’t carry water with me. 
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Poking the bear on this one for sure. 

FWIW, I don’t have any pets. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Lit said:
    So many entitled dog owners that can’t even understand why they can’t bring their dog when there’s a no dog sign. This thread just proves how ridiculous you people are. Yeah a lot of things are gross but we don’t have a choice we can’t avoid them but we can avoid your gross dog by choosing to go to a store with a no dogs allowed rule. Oh wait no we can’t cause this is your world. Screw people with allergies or small children that are afraid of them cause you want to take your smelly nasty dog out shopping with you. I wish HD had a no dumbass sign and they enforced it then they wouldn’t need the no dogs sign.

who would they find to work there?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Cjtamu
    Cjtamu Posts: 22

First off, kudos to Lowe's. Or anyone else that hires vets and/or their service dogs. Which is what (I thought) this thread was about. 

My Pyr pup loves to go to the feed store and Lowe's. He's allowed both places. In fact, the Lowe's has a "pet friendly" sign on the door. I don't take him anywhere he's not allowed. If the Lowe's near you is pet friendly (and obviously, at least one Lowe's has revised their "no dogs" policy), shop elsewhere. He rolled with me yesterday, and we sat on the patio at a coffee shop, then went to Lowe's. He's well-behaved because we've worked on it since day one. Doesn't jump on people. Doesn't pee inside. Doesn't take food off tables. Has to sit before people are allowed to pet him so he doesn't bowl small children over. He put smiles on a lot of faces yesterday. Everyone should miss out on that because some curmudgeon might get their knickers all a-twist? Nah. Ill-behaved dogs in public suck. I'd either talk to the owner, or talk to the manager. But, that's just me. 

Oh. And for anyone whose children won't do as they're asked because there's a dog in the store? Umm, yeah. That's not on me. Or my dog. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    You say a curmudgeon but the fact is alot of people don't want dogs around them when shopping. There have been multiple just in this thread so you stating what you did above just prove how entitled dog owners are. Leave your dog at home. A quick look online and you will see how many curmudeons there are in society. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    @Lit what do you like LESS, people that shop with their dog, or people that buy RTIC?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I own an RTIC cup so I have to go with the dog. 
  • Cjtamu
    Ouch, someone is sensitive. I didn't quote anyone or name any user names in my post. There are several people that weren't in favor of dogs in public. I was using "you" as a global term. But, pretty sure I'm the only one that used the term "curmudgeon". So, okay.

A quick review of just this thread would reveal people that are both in favor of, and against, dogs. Knew that already. No need to resort to 5 year old data. Quick review of the internet would also reveal CAVE people everywhere. Lots of folks against anyone having a LTC. Does that mean we shouldn't carry? Nope. Lots of people against eating meat. Should we not eat steaks in a restaurant so they're not offended? Nope. Oooh, wait. Don't want to offend the vegans. So, no fish chicken, butter, milk, eggs, cheese, or ice cream in a restaurant either? Nah. Oh, and I ride bicycles too. Both on and off-road. You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people that offends! You get three guesses whether I think we should give that up, and the first two don't count. Bow hunting, fishing, driving a fossil-fueled vehicle, not digging the gender-neutral community bathroom idea. There's a long list. You wouldn't believe how much sleep it costs me.

Point being, damn near everything you do is going to offend someone. So, my only concerns are whether what I'm doing is legal, and whether it's permitted in a given time and place. That's how you exercise your civil liberties. And I extend the same courtesy to others. See things every day I don't like, but those people have the same rights as I.  And here in the good ol' USA, one of those rights is to run your business (mostly) as you see fit. To that end, if you want to allow dogs, go for it. If you don't want to allow dogs, go for it. I don't take my dogs anywhere they're not welcome by the owner. Wouldn't be right. If you don't like dogs, go some place they're not welcome. There are plenty of them. And if someone brings a dog into one and it offends you, sack up and either talk to them or talk to the manager. Probably be a helluva lot more effective than whining about it on a forum.     
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Question, if I have a used dog bed that I bought 8 years ago. Will Petsmart take it back?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
     I thought it was "bring your dawg to work day", so now DeShaun has to leave. Sorry dawg.
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I can't bring Snoop Dogg anywhere anymore....

That’s because he just wants to stay home with Martha.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    lkapigian said:
     I thought it was "bring your dawg to work day", 
    I saw a woman wearing a business suit bring two large standard poodles into a Class A office building in downtown Greenville SC this morning. It was definitely a WTF moment for me. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545

Study shows Dogs are cleaner than Mens beards..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Cjtamu

Study shows Dogs are cleaner than Mens beards..
    I often scratch the top of my dogs’ heads with my beard. I wonder if that scenario was included in their control group?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    omg....there was a dog eating ice cream from a pupcup at the dairy queen
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Image result for cartman pube beard
    lkapigian said:
     I thought it was "bring your dawg to work day", 
    I saw a woman wearing a business suit bring two large standard poodles into a Class A office building in downtown Greenville SC this morning. It was definitely a WTF moment for me. 
    Just practicing her civil liberties
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2019
    Anyone bringing their pup dog to the North Georgia Eggfest this weekend? Asking for a friend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Anyone bringing their pup dog to the North Georgia Eggfest this weekend? Asking for a friend.
    Who's making the fried rice to go with it?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    Even Ringo has a dog....and has a message for us all. 

• northGAcock
    Lit said:
    I own an RTIC cup so I have to go with the dog. 
    Does RTIC have a Boomer Dog Bowl? 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Acn said:

That’s because he just wants to stay home with Martha.
    The Single Biggest Failure of EweTube is not having the segment of some awards show where Martha Stewart hit the podium with some tall, goofy-haired rapper (the guy with a video of him on a Big Wheel, iirc) and she was terrified!!  Chris Rock was the host, and his improv'd "DON'T KILL ME, BLACK MAN!!!" monologue afterwards had me pissing my pants, it was so funny!  
    Even in the above photo, poor Martha looks as relaxed as a (insert clever metaphor here).   

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    clever simile would be duckdogdoctor in Harlem
    “WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge cited sources in its report saying Comeau had a service dog with him at the strip club.” 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/02/catholic-school-principal-arrested-d-c-strip-club-field-trip/1319864001/
  • builderdawg
    builderdawg Posts: 105
     I have only taken the dog into hd once because it was too hot to leave him in the truck, I will never again!  He was molested and rubbed and scratched and baby talked by random women and neither of us have time for that!
    Doesn’t sound so bad.