Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First crack at beef ribs

Options
HappyChuck
HappyChuck Posts: 6
Went to the store to grab a brisket and came across some beef ribs. Ive been wanting to try some, so I pulled the trigger. I almost decided not to smoke them, and try to find a different recipe because I got chuck ribs and not plate ribs. I read that these are not good to smoke, but I went for it anyway. Pretty pleased with the result!!

Went pretty much 100% by Franklins method. 285 until 203 internal.

XL BGE - Plano, TX 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    For an all around great job my friend👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Perfect.  I would rather smoke short/plate beef ribs than just about anything. Edited to say, if you haven't thought about it, freeze the bones and throw them in the next batch of chili you make.   

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    For an all around great job my friend👍

This. Great job on that amazing cut. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
     Great looking cook.  I bought two big racks myself last weekend.  Will fire them up soon.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Outstanding, brisket on a stick.  It doesn't get much better than that on the Egg.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options
    Got some about a month ago for the first time.  OMG.... instantly went to my he top of my list of favorites.  Did these for Mother’s Day... 250 till 200 degrees.  Hair under 5 lbs when I put them on.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Great call right there.  Nailed the cook.  Brisket on a stick.  Congrats.
    BTW-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.