Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - The Real Bacon Burger - OT

Options

I needed to collect some bacon fat for a meal and decided to try making something new instead of just frying up slices of beef bacon. The “all-bacon” burgers I’ve seen in the past are obviously made from what’s considered to be the standard for bacon – pork belly. I’ve never seen an all-bacon burger made from beef belly (navel), so I ground up a 1lb chunk of homemade, dry cured, garlic and herb beef bacon and used half of that for this effort.

Using the smashburger technique, I made 3 patties and caramelized some oak wood-smoked sweet onions.

Well. Thankfully I have awesome glucose and cholesterol levels, so this meal shaved 4 months off my lifespan instead of an entire year. I will never be able to duplicate the wicked crust I managed to get on these patties, not even using dry aged beef. The texture was different because ground bacon does not stick together as cohesively as regular ground beef. I managed to eat a good 75% of this burger before feeling quite sleepy and called it quits. I wasn’t hungry again until very late into the next afternoon. I won’t attempt this again, but it was good eats.

It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
Egging in the Atlanta GA region
Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com

Comments