Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Briskets Getting Done Early...

Options
Livinloud5
Livinloud5 Posts: 61

Well I prepped my two 15.5lb briskets that we need to be done and served around 2PM on Easter Sunday.  For some odd reason I got my timing mixed up and decided to put them on at 2PM today, expecting them to take about 17-20 hours. At 6:00 pm they are already at 135f.

If they are done 10-12 hours early what would be the best way to store them until time to serve? wrap tightly in foil + towels and put in the YETI?

Blake.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!

Comments

• Daddyshack
    Daddyshack Posts: 179
    Options

I just read a thread on here where someone FTC for 10 hours.

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options

I had some butts get finished early and I double wrapped them in foil and put in oven on the lowest temp it would go. I know brisket is different than butts but I would imagine they’d be fine that way. Restaurants hold them similar.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options

Oven is your friend....you can even set your oven now to 200 wrap in paper and put them,in to slow the cook ( or ramp your egg way down )

But I use my,oven @ 170 if done to early

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options

Another vote for tightly foil wrapped and into the oven on the lowest setting (mine bottoms out at 170*F-some go to 140*F). Depending on where your lowest setting is , remove a hour or so before ready to slice on demand and let the briskets cool to around 140-145*F.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GeezerSteve
    Options

I had one I cooked on the weekend a while back due to expected weather problems in the area on the evening when family was due. I wrapped from about 6 hours to keep moisture in, then pulled at 205. Tender as anything. I took flat and sliced it for eating, then vacuum sealed it. I took point and some of the flat under it and cubed it for making brisket sandwiches, then vac sealed it too. On the day they all came for dinner, I got the point cubes out of the fridge, Sous vide’d them for 3 -4 hours at 145, then threw them on the flat top with raw onion chopped up and velveeta cheese cubed up. Heat, melt cheese, soften onions, scoop onto potato buns with my home made bbq sauce. Everyone loved them so much I broke out the sliced flat and cut it into cubes/hash and cooked them with cheese and onion.

I’ve never seen 5 - 7 lbs of brisket, two large onions and a third of a box of velveeta disappear so fast! This is the second time they’ve asked for these sandwiches for a dinner.