Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Famous Dave BBQ Burnt Butt Plate

Options
mahenryak
mahenryak Posts: 1,324
edited April 2019 in Off Topic

I am in Las Vegas for a few days this week--work related. I took an Uber ride to my hotel well off the strip (Summerlin area) and to my surprise the nearest restaurant is Famous Dave BBQ. Of course, I couldn't resist so I went in and sampled a plate. Below is a snapshot of my plate, sorry if it's a little blurry. It is a photo of a rather tasty new dish on the menu--the 'Burnt Butt Plate'. I must say I was fairly impressed with the flavor and for $12.99 I didn't think it was too bad of value, but I am from Alaska where prices are a little high as far as restaurants go. Everything on the plate was good. The fries, corn bread, and the beans were very good (I wish I had his recipe for beans). So, I know we have some Las Vegas Eggers on the forum so they may have a completely different take than yours, truly, but for an outsider just fresh into town I plan on going back this week for sure to sample up some other dishes.

TIP: The cornbread is even better when you realize it is in cupcake paper and you peel it off so you stop eating the paper. (I'm an idiot.)

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

Comments